IGNORED

HQplayer 4 and Mac-mini M1

Bushikai

@MikePid

Given all of the PCM & DSD default options, how does one chose each one? Is it just pot luck or is there some guidance that you take into account?

Also, the only way that my DAC was an option in Device, was if I selected CoreAudio in Backend. - Why?

Also, what is NetWorkAudioAdapter IPv6?

Sorry to bombard you with all these questions.

@MikePid

I want to avoid, if possible another box + software + cable (a Raspberry Pi based solution is about AUD1000 - way too much at this stage).

My DAC will accept up to 512 DoP or 1024 native. In any case I cannot hear a sound improvement above DSD256 - 256 DoP should be fine. I am only doing this because some say that HQPlayer into Holo May is better SQ than Auralic Aries G2.1 - time will tell!

Thank you once again for your input.

Well it needs more listening but, considering the price difference (Mini M1 + HQP = AUD1500 vs Auralic Aries G2.1 = AUD7500) and even though the fact that the Aries is also more user friendly ( no setting up req'd + better interface) - Is it worth paying the extra AUD6000? At this stage the answer is no.

But still a few little things to sort out!

Sonore says that, in order to setup the ultraRendu, it has to be connected via RJ45 to the router.

Does it have to remain there, or can it then be moved to the Mac (using RJ45) ??

Or can it be setup whilst connected to the Mac (which is WiFi connected to the router.

Does all of this apply to all NAA's ??