IGNORED

sonicTransporter i5 Gen3

anroj

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sbank said:

Hi, are these observations based on the STi5 and STi9 being connected to the same switch as your endpoint or in another location such as a different room near the router? I was wondering if placing an ST away from the audio gear might lessen the need for the lps...thx.

Thank you for the response. I found out that the issue was not having an HQPlayer Embedded license. I purchased the license, installed the key, and it's working smoothly.

2 hours ago, biosailor said:

I have an ST i5, 2nd generation (I presume), and I just recently ordered an SGC 12 V LPS from Small Green Computer. After exchanging it for the power supply delivered with the SonicTransporter, I immediately noticed that my system became quieter. Also, I got the impression that instrument resolution became better. However, I did not do a thorough comparison between the stock and the SGC LPS, so not a 'true' audiophile statement. But I was happy with the effect brought about by the LPS, so I keep it in my system. As a matter of fact, I just ordered an SGC 5 V LPS to power my Raspberry Pi 4. Just arrived a few hours ago and I'll see whether I notice a difference.

Those LPS from Small Green Computer are really cute!

I agree with you on that. I ordered the sT i5, Gen3, with the stock power supply. Once I got the SGC 12 V LPS installed in my system, the background became much quieter, dynamics seemed to take a major leap, images became clearer and easier to pinpoint where on the soundstage they were coming from.