IGNORED

Where should I try better ethernet cables first?

38 minutes ago, plissken said:

Shielded Ethernet cables that have their shield tied to ground on both ends can pass noise.

Not all. Audioquest Vodka doesn’t as one example. 

Gent’s option as another example. https://www.ghentaudio.com/pc/et11.html

But if you purchase standard cables according to official specification, Plisken is correct, and those should be avoided. 

Blue jeans cables is a good option as well. Many has reported that they like the Supra. 

1 hour ago, jabbr said:

No one will take your offer ... 

He, he, well if we could set the terms, like doing how “normal” people listen to music, especially NOT removing cables, I wouldn’t mind.

BTW: EtherRegen has got a very nice review in December issue of TAS. And in January number it will get The product of the year.

@plissken is the one of 2 persons, out of more than 2000 purchased EtherRegen, that returned the EtherRegen. 

Now that said, I like the claims and discussion about 10 GB Ethernet utilized using SFP+, may equalize some of EtherRegen’s magic. 

Also, since Uptone knew about this article, they should probably provide some measurements as well. 
(Maybe TAS doesn’t normally print such anyway). 

23 minutes ago, plissken said:

What terms would you set?

Well, this is part of the discussion of buffers. And more. 

Keep any cable. But with or without EtherRegen inserted. And not pulling the plug, meaning no buffers, or buffers below a second I suppose. 

Easiest would be using Roon. (Tidal & Qobuz). I don’t mind HQPlayer embedded in the chain. 

Anyway I’m OT now.

Unless you like the OP to pull out the cable 😀

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

Just ordered the ENO Ag. Hoping it's everything I've read it is.

PRICE: 
ENO Ethernet Filter Ag £695
ENO Streaming Cable Ag £595

I just can’t resist, it’s a total waste of money. 
Not knowing your system at all, you can get an EtherRegen as an example for that price.