IGNORED

Article: Yottamaster HC1-C3 | Excellent Storage Option For Music Libraries

20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not sure as I hit Start and walked away. Yottamaster says “With copy speeds of up to 20GB/min.” That’s GB not Gb. 

A good test of this would be use with a Windows PC as attached USB3 storage. If the NVME option does 20gBps ( small g for speed/not storage, big b= bytes/not bits)

you should see something between 1500 to 1800 mBps but it wouldn't surprise me if that didn't happen because of hardware/software caveats.

Getting even 400~500 mBps would make it a no-brainer, it takes several hours right now for me to fully back up a small 2TB raid over Ethernet or USB3 

and I know its common to have much larger storage solutions

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

From the company, "256GB → 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD can be copied in about 10 minutes."

thanks!   just reread and saw that the max rate above is 20GB/min, not ps, so thats a top speed of 333 mBps. The 256GB over 10 minutes is slightly  faster,

426 mBps... for me thats at least 3 times faster than SSD over USB3 and 4 x faster than backup over network.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@joelha I keep looking for the multi-drive NVMe USB drive. It's a strange challenge. 

This four bay NVMe enclosure is fantastic, but it's Thunderbolt 3. https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/express-4m2

If there is a USB male to Thunderbolt female adapter, then you'd be golden.

I keep wishing that I could get local attached storage to sound better than  NAS... no luck so far with SSD, HD or SDXC storage. Any thoughts

on local NVME vs NAS storage SQ? 7 series and later NUC's  per Intel support Thunderbolt 3

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021752/intel-nuc.html

Regards,

Dave

Audio system