IGNORED

Is there any high end DAC that can sound as good as turntable ($10,000 budget for each)

10 hours ago, ecwl said:

But as @seeteeyou said, it is definitely possible that your digital streamer/server power supply is introducing too much noise into your DAC, undermining the performance of your DAC.

One and a half has also discussed that aspect in the previous post.

Have often thought about a R2R or even DAT, but the mechanical transport problems do outweigh the romance and nostalgia associated with the machines.- one and a half

I previously owned a Sony DAT player but they were costly to maintain as Gary has said.(above) and there were very few pre-recorded DAT music tapes.

I have also previously owned a Nakamichi cassette deck, and they sounded great after being tweaked, but maintenance costs were also quite expensive, as were the cost of Metal tapes needed for the highest quality recordings.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, quanghuy147 said:

Thank you everyone for your very informative input. I will change the DAC later. But for now I will try to reduce the noise in my system as some suggested here. 

You will find further information here https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/60381-hdd-to-case-bonding-uptick-in-sq/?tab=comments#comment-1084599

You shouldn't need to go quite as far as Gary did unless your  PC has poor internal integrity.

To do this properly you will need to use a DVM as Gary recommended. It can be done with the PC operational but not doing any work . Further improvements to the PSU itself are the next step if needed.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

27 minutes ago, quanghuy147 said:

Thank you for the link. I am currently not using a PC. I use laptop (Audio Nirvana software - Tidal)-->Ethernet cable->Allo Digione Signature --> DAC. I don't know if I can benefit from Gary's method. 

It's hard to improve most laptops unless you power them from a Linear PSU. Does it sound any better when playing music from it's battery?

8 minutes ago, quanghuy147 said:

Yes, playing from laptop battery produce noticeably darker background. 

In that case a good Linear PSU should result in an improvement with normal use.

What voltage is it's external SMPS PSU, 19V (?) or around that area, and what is it's rated current  ?

22 minutes ago, quanghuy147 said:

I read in the back of the adapter: 19.5V  11.8A

It's a gaming laptop so maybe that's why it demands more power than a regular one. 

I tried 2 other laptops on battery mode but it only this gaming laptop (when on battery) produces a lower noise (than when plugged in).

Given the very high current rating of the adaptor ,  it wouldn't be economical to use a lower noise Linear PSU instead , unfortunately. The internal batteries would also have a very short time between charges compared with most other laptops.