IGNORED

Need LPS advice please

On 10/7/2020 at 8:01 PM, jumper said:

I've been without a streamer for some time and have decided to bring in an UltraRendu.  For my DAC I'm still using John Swenson's Bottlehead DAC as I've enjoyed it very much the last few years - however its in need of a LPS as well.  I'm at a loss deciding which LPS I should go with for both the UltraRendu and DAC.  The top end of my budget would be a single JS-2, at that price point I can order separate LPS 1.2, CI Audio supply, Sonore Audiophile LPS, etc.  My problem is ranking them in terms of sound quality, I'm not crazy about trying to audition.  Any advise please?  Thank you!

I have both the LPS 1.2 and the JS-2. I prefer the LPS 1.2 but it can't drive current hungry hardware like an i7 NUC. The JS-2 is very good, much better

than the SoTM SPS500 and HDPLEX 200W which I tried before the JS-2.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

22 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You have mentioned the probably best power supplies out there and they are within budget. Go for it 😀

Only other option may be Paul Hynes SR4T.

I own both LPS 1.2 and the SR4T. I can’t say which sounds best. Also DC cables is very important. They may make a more difference. I like the technology behind LPS 1.2. 

one of the reasons I moved on from microRendu was I didn't find it benefited much from the LPS 1.2... I'd believe the ultraRendu is built even better for

its power supply input circuit. I suspect that if the OP buys the LPS 1.2 the greater bang for the buck will be using it with the older design Bottlehead DAC

Regards,

Dave

Audio system