IGNORED

Article: KEF's New LS50 Collection

2 minutes ago, FIndingit said:

The power cords and the Ethernet cable between the speakers, which is mandatory for best performance (in addition to a possible usb cable to main speaker), adds up to more cables than a regular speaker with just a speaker cable. Unfortunately this spaghetti is a huge minus for these speakers. 

I did once own the ls50W. 

I certainly hear you but I envision a power cable to each speaker and a single cable between them on a good day, but I could live with just power cables and run all else wireless. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Chris

If you review them, how about compare them against B&W Formation Duo ?

Would love to but B&W has been a strange nut to crack over the years with numerous ownership changes and more marketing/PR contacts than you can imagine. I’ve gone from good relationships to can’t get in touch with anyone and around the circle more than a few times. Thus, I have no idea if anything will happen. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, kwb1 said:

The new LS50a’s do not have a USB input - I would of presumed that the best possible sound connectivity wise would be wired via the Kefs USB??

In my experience your presumption is incorrect. There is no single best interface.

1 minute ago, kwb1 said:

Why did they remove this and is there a better connection available than USB?? - remember the iMac does not have any digital outs or HDMI outs.. just a headphone out limited to 96khz?

My guess is that it was removed because the platform KEF is using doesn't have a USB input. I guessed that the StreamUnlimited platform is being used. no confirmation or denial from KEF in the email I received back. 

Just use the Ethernet or WiFi input and call it a day.