IGNORED

Sonore Forum

Thanks Chris,

Do you mind if I ask why?

Probably a question for Jesus but leaving the best audio community is intriguing to say the least. Some momentum may have drifted to WBF but this place is still THE place to be. In my ever humble opinion 🙂

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

Jesus sent out an announcement to people on the Sonore mailing list:

Makes sense to me from their point of view. One support forum to deal with instead of several. 

Respectfully disagree.

Sonore have built a good business that is significantly improved due to participation in forums like CA/AS, WBF, Roon etc. And participation and understanding the 'Voice of the Customer' is invaluable to a small businesses like this.

My best guess is this is commercially driven. It's complete conjecture but at first glance either maintaining a sponsored forum on AS is now deemed too expensive or launching their own forum is deemed more likely to generate revenue. I'm speculating of course and may be wrong.

But either way, many Sonore product owners are probably feeling alarmed as they've lost a direct comms channel with the likes of Jesus and Barrows who have been brilliant on here. 

I respect Chris and Jesus and totally get they need to do what is right for their respective firms. But this is a sad day for the community here nonetheless.

@vortecjr & @barrows - thanks for everything. Best of luck with the new forum. But meantime we'd be remiss to not thank you for the outstanding service and comms here. Bravo dudes!

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers