IGNORED

Adjustable sample-rate DAC

Well, if we're plugging here, I'll give mine:

Empirical Audio's new Overdrive DAC will do all sample rates up to 24/192 on I2S and S/PDIF inputs and up to 24/96 on the USB input. It is a preamp and headphone amp as well. Optional LI battery powered. All class-A operation.

There are very few DAC's available that will do 24/96 using the USB input.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

I plan to start shipping the Overdrive before the end of the year. I have one prototype right now, and it's going to RMAF with a friend and customer. It will be in room 9015 if I can get the chassis together in time.

Pricing is planned at $2k-2.5K for the base version. This is what I'm demoing at RMAF. Pretty cheap for an excellent DAC and preamp. I dont even have any photos yet except for the one here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=58721.0

I should have a Photo in a chassis mid-week. The thing is awesome BTW. I can email you a poop sheet on it if you email me.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

The new Ultralink DAC which PS Audio will be debuting at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest will allow sampling/upsampling at: 44.1,48,88.2,96,176.4, & 192 kHz sampling frequencies. We will also have USB input rates at 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96 kHz. This DAC also has a very special current to voltage conversion stage, and analog output stage, featuring very high quality all discrete parts. Price and availability are TBD, but price will be well below $3K.

Barrows at PS Audio

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio