IGNORED

XLD CD Ripping- what am I doing wrong?

Afveep

I just downloaded XLD yesterday and did some FLAC rips. I'm using the latest version (126.2). I have the Output directory set to a "New Rips" folder on my Desktop. All is fine except the rips appear as individual songs in the New Rips folder- XLD is not creating artist and album folders and placing the songs in them as Max and Rip do. I'm sure that I have something set wrong in Preferences or maybe an option needs to be enabled but can't figure out what it is. I went to the developer's site but instructions are a bit sparse. Help is appreciated!

Tom

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

Thanks Guy. That's what I'm doing- creating the folders after the rip and moving the files. Seems like since other programs like Max & Rip automatically create the folders, XLD should too. Maybe not?

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

Hi Afveep,

Open XLD Preferences.

About halfway down is the 'format of filename' specifier.

If you hover the pointer over the text box, a description of the %n, %a, etc. is displayed.

Try the following string:

%A/%T/%n %a - %t

A forward-slash indicates a directory subdivision.

So an example would translate as:

Miles Davis/Kind of Blue/01 Miles Davis - So What.aiff