IGNORED

MUSICIAN Pegasus R2R DAC

• 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, Gladac said:

After couple of hundreds hours here is my assessment of Pegasus. My previous DAC Lite-83 (4x BB PCM1704)+ Singxer SU-1.

The driver installation on Win 10 PC was straight forward and everything worked flawlessly. 

Every aspect of music reproduction is bettered. Better resolution and stereo image/focus, speakers disappeared.  But not like day and night. The biggest difference is bass reproduction. Now the bass is cleaner, better defined with better dynamics.

Overall, I am happy with this replacement.

Except...

When I tried to install the driver on PC with Windows Server 2019, the problem starts with USB installation. In several attempts, the PC did not recognize the Pegasus. Even more the input button for USB lights only when I turn off the Pegasus - very strange!? Obviously driver is not suitable for Win Server 2019.

Any advise or help would be mostly welcomed!

I also want to confirm that after more than half a year, the DAC performes much better than it did at first. All problems with low frequencies are gone, the DACnow  is much more musical, the harshness has gone. And if at first I thought to sell it and change it for something else, now it is a valuable component of the system, which I don't want to change any more.

• 11 months later...