IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

On 6/2/2020 at 3:46 PM, MartinT said:

From AliExpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000152539910.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.795e4c4dGTiyce

Mine is the latest BG7TBL variant, dated 2019-12-09 and contains the DAPU OCXO.  No guarantees that others will be the same!

49948588412_d49ede6528_o.jpg

I ordered the same unit. Just received and opened it. The one I have is also 2019-12-09 and includes the same DAPU OCXO inside. I will be using it being connected to Magnafied Singxer SU-1 (sCLK-EX tweaked). I'm eager to get it compared vs the sCLK-EX clocks. 

This sCLK-EX mod provides me an extra DC-out via SU-1 which I will be using to power this clock unit. Modded SU-1 is powered by Farad3 12V.

Too bad I don't have any BNC cables, yet. Ordered bunch of custom low loss cables to try out if they make any difference. Some of the cable specs are at least above Mutec recommended cable standards to use for the REF10 (from the REF10 manual).

P.S. First post, yay. And what would be any better way to start posting than in UpTone forum 🙂

kello.jpg

3 hours ago, MartinT said:

Try both the sinewave and squarewave outputs into the ER and let me know what you think.  Don't forget to power up the ER after you're changed the switch to external clock.

Actually I don't have ER even though I'm this sub forum. I wanted to post and confirm for your and others' information about the master clock details since it pretty much was your post inspiring me to order it and hence registering as member here 😉. Sorry for confusion.

Let's not take this off-topic too far. Just want to clarify, like I mentioned in my first post I am using modified Singxer SU-1 as USB DDC device and now seems I'm quite committed using USB due to pre order of JCAT USB XE card to use in my PC.

Then again, I am open to hear any experience would ER make any sense when I'm using PC and it's USB out (JCAT USB FEMTO) to play music without ethernet streaming/NAS devices? 

• 5 months later...
45 minutes ago, TomJ said:

@kennyb123

This is very sad because guys out there are investing thousands of dollars in clocks believing they will get better jitter value, which no one can seem to prove.

I don't recall reading here (or any other forum) that external ocxo enthusiasts have been investing to ocxo's in believe to lowering jitter? Not saying that has not happened.. but I have been under impression that people invest to ocxo's (in hope) indulging their sense of hearing. At least that's what I have done once read several encouraging subjective feedback.

Although I agree with quoted argument, that would be sad.