IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Going to Extremes with the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme (Part 5 of 5)

I have truly enjoyed reading your review this week. This is a masterclass in what a review should be! I loved it!

Before reading this through the week, I was considering a fiber run from my switch to a sonic transporter i9 > Optical Rendu > USB in my DAC, Now I want an Extreme...  ha.

No electron left behind.

54 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Sounds like a Class D thing :~)

Its the Minnesotan in me, I have to offset the price of other purchases and have something I can show to others that I bought at a significant discount in relation to other stuff in the chain...  

😉

No electron left behind.

46 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

I lived in Minnesota for more than a decade so I need to call this out.  Any true Minnesotan is running Class A amps through the long winters (and their spouses and pets love them for it ;)

Perhaps I wasn't clear... I need the IKEA butcher block to offset the outrageous price of my pure class A SET tube amp and my DAC with all its triodes sticking out the top.

You're in MN?  Wow... My head is spinning with ideas.

No electron left behind.

17 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

BOOM!  Class A SET tube amp on a IKEA butcher block from Sweden...THAT is the Minnesota audiophile standard we signed up for! (pass the lefse! ;)

I used to live in Minnesota, but back in San Diego now. Miss it, especially getting out on the lake Memorial Day weekend, but alas not getting back these days. Hope you and yours are safe and healthy and enjoying (finally) summer!

If I had to live in San Diego I'd miss Minnesota too...   😉

Kidding. I fly out there from time to time. Maybe you can show me the non navy parts of town someday when I am out there.

And these messages here this evening were sent from the deck, as they should be on a Minnesota evening as fine as this one was. Have a good Memorial Weekend and stay safe.

No electron left behind.

7 minutes ago, rando said:

...early morning and late evening hours when he isn't hailing a full retreat back into his always cool former office in the basement. 

I'm hearing +110 F temps all next week out in parts of CA that are not very far inland.  Maybe closer to 120 F.  In May, not the typical week like that during the Summer and then it cools off.  Stay cool.

My former office at the Hospital was basically a dungeon...  Hospitals are always cold, but that made it even colder. A good Class A Tube Amp would have been a welcome addition!

No electron left behind.