IGNORED

What Is The Darndest Thing That Made An Improvement Tweak Wise?

I'm not a tweak guy, I pay attention to room acoustics, cables etc but at the same time IMO if one gets the most important basic things properly done one is very close to the optimum SQ result. Getting the right speakers which are well suited to one's listening room comes first, taking care of the room acoustics and speakers placement are very important too, next comes the system's synergy in which case the interaction between amp and speakers is IMO the most important factor but the source and cables also count just like clean power. But for me the moment when I had bought my dream speakers which I probably will  never upgrade and reversed the usual order of things by which I mean - I started to look for a listening room with good acoustics and appropriate size in regard to the speakers (35-45m2 in their case) was a turning point in my audiophile journey B|  I'm a huge fan of irregularly shaped loft rooms with diagonal roofs, they are very often just great acoustically x-D.

BTW I noticed long ago that parting with talkative girlfriends/wives usually has a surprisingly big, positive influence on noise floor during the listening sessions.. ;)

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

IMO if one gets the most important basic things properly done one is very close to the optimum SQ result.

BTW I'm afraid that I personally have seen/heard much more quite expensive systems not showing their real potential due to the fact that the owner hasn't taken care of the very basic things than systems in any price range which potential has been 'squeezed' to their very last drop.. (lack of the carpet in the listening room O.o being one of the most popular heavy sins..)