IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

32 minutes ago, Blake said:

@barrows, you are free to continue posting here as you like. 

I know you say you were just responding to a question, but really, it sure seemed like you were here to answer that question while also taking a shot at Denafrips and possibly Berkeley (I will give you the benefit of the doubt on Berkeley), as well as taking a shot at folks like me, who have experienced performance increases with many different D/D converters (your 'jitter' comment).  You did a similar thing in the preamp thread.

I don't mind at all when an industry person promotes their own ideas in any thread.  What does get under my skin though is when that industry person takes pot shots at other manufacturers, or direct or clearly implied digs at consumers.  It is just a really bad look.  Like it or not, you, as an industry rep have to be held to a slightly higher standard IMHO.

In some respects, you have an advantage here over most that participate on this forum due to your audio career.  However, our ears are the great equalizer.  If I consistently hear improvements with (most) quality D/D converters, which is backed up by tons of reports online from other users of various brands of D/D converters, well, then I'd say that despite your technical expertise, your blanket statements on the D/D topic should be called into question and at the very least= your opinion is not audio fact.  I have zero problems with differing opinions, I do have a problem with opinion stated as fact, particularly if that person works in the industry.

@barrows does have some pretty strongly held opinions on this subject but I don't think there is any intent to demean or bully anyone. I do agree that as a representative of a manufacturer he should tone it down a bit.