IGNORED

Downclocking a I9 7900X

Hi :)

As I will got my new hardware soon , I will keep my existing X299 setup. I know it's not the best one out there, but I love it, and I can't get rid of it.

Thing is, I would like to go to a kind of passive cooling.

I want to get a HD5 plex case, because it's the only one that will look good on my living room. 

I can go either with a custom watercooling setup, housed outside and powered by an external psu.... or I could go with the passive cooling from the HD5. 

That, if the pipes are compatible with X299, which will require me to downclock the I9 7900X to match the 90W tdp limit. Powered by the soon to come 500W linear ATX psu from HDPLex.

I already have a thunderbolt 3 GPu case so I can use it as an external gpu that will not pollute the case's interior.

Is there any case out there as good looking as the HD5, that could be drop in a living room? I have failed to find one so far...

13 hours ago, deanorthk said:

Hi :)

As I will got my new hardware soon , I will keep my existing X299 setup. I know it's not the best one out there, but I love it, and I can't get rid of it.

Thing is, I would like to go to a kind of passive cooling.

I want to get a HD5 plex case, because it's the only one that will look good on my living room. 

I can go either with a custom watercooling setup, housed outside and powered by an external psu.... or I could go with the passive cooling from the HD5. 

That, if the pipes are compatible with X299, which will require me to downclock the I9 7900X to match the 90W tdp limit. Powered by the soon to come 500W linear ATX psu from HDPLex.

I already have a thunderbolt 3 GPu case so I can use it as an external gpu that will not pollute the case's interior.

Is there any case out there as good looking as the HD5, that could be drop in a living room? I have failed to find one so far...

https://www.anandtech.com/Show/Index/14562?cPage=4&all=False&sort=0&page=1&slug=turemetal-fanless-chassis-for-diy-highend-pcs