IGNORED

Computer Speakers

Hi everyone,
I have, a question because I am thinking of buying hq speakers for my computer. I was thinking about studio monitors, but I don't produce music. In one forum people advised me not to buy monitors for listening they say hifi will be better.
I am currently listening to music on headphones. I have Topping dx3 pro dac/amp + Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO headphones (I am very happy with this set). I listen to different music but one of my favorite genres is drum & bass.
When it comes to studio monitors I thought about: Focal Alpha 65 and Presonus Eris E8 XT.
I also looked for the speakers, these caught my attention: AudioEngine HD6; Klipsch The Sixes; Edifier S3000PRO.
Could you recommend something maybe I should look at something else?

Best regards
X-TreaMan

I have the Edifier S1000DB which is an older speaker in the same vein of the S3000Pro and I like them a lot...that said in that price range I am interested in several powered speakers: Dynaudio, Adam, Focal, etc..

I do not think you can do "bad" with these but may come to preference in sound.  Buy from someone where you can return (Amazon, etc..).

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

As erasergate indicates it really depends what your priorities are.

Are the speakers required almost entirely for background listening while you work on the computer? In that case there are plenty speakers to choose from - I'd suggest a pair that are 'smooth' i.e. not too up-front or analytical in their sound.

On the other hand if you are going to do critical analytical listening that could match that typically available from a pair of good headphones I'd suggest high-quality, sealed-box (infinite baffle) smallish monitors. I'm assuming your computer system is not in a large room and there is limited ability to arrange speakers in an ideal position: sealed boxes are less critical as regards positioning.

I've tried several speakers for this environment; most recently PMC DB1 and, since 2013, Harbeth P3ESR. I'd strongly recommend the latter as being very transparent and also enjoyable for listening for pleasure. 

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 2:25 AM, X-TreaMan said:

Hi everyone,
I have, a question because I am thinking of buying hq speakers for my computer. I was thinking about studio monitors, but I don't produce music. In one forum people advised me not to buy monitors for listening they say hifi will be better.
I am currently listening to music on headphones. I have Topping dx3 pro dac/amp + Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO headphones (I am very happy with this set). I listen to different music but one of my favorite genres is drum & bass.
When it comes to studio monitors I thought about: Focal Alpha 65 and Presonus Eris E8 XT.
I also looked for the speakers, these caught my attention: AudioEngine HD6; Klipsch The Sixes; Edifier S3000PRO.
Could you recommend something maybe I should look at something else?

Best regards
X-TreaMan

I'm a fond of DT 990 PRO as well lol, what did you end up buying btw & how did it work for you?