IGNORED

USB CARD XE - Xtreme edition USB Audio output with ground-breaking performance

On 5/27/2020 at 12:30 PM, Marcin_gps said:

NEXT BATCH UPDATE

I'm afraid I have unfortunate news. 

I've just received an email from Digi-key regarding availability of the OCXO oscillator we use on the USB Card XE. The original shipping date when we placed the order was June, 6th. Now the date is June 30, 2020, with an additional, approximate 6 business days transit from the manufacturer to Digi-Key.

The SiT5711 is popular and SiTime has not been able to get ahead of the demand. Regardless, we are pushing to get the oscillators sooner, but it seems that the USB Cards XE will not ship sooner than in July.  

I know this is disappointing, but there is very little we can do. 

I will keep you updated. 

On the bright side:

Sorry I ordered already and canceled 3 days ago cause of my already great sounding server but I heard it at a friends server and it’s a musthave….

Best regards,

Marcin

Hi Marcin, 

Could you provide us with an updated delivery schedule of the XE card?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree!  Sometimes things have to be put into perspective, there are worse things in the world than a delayed delivery of a USB card 😇

On the other hand, Jcat could make communication about the delivery more reliable. There will be good explanations for all delays. But every time one occurs, a customer has to inquire about the revised shipping date. That is annoying and gives me the feeling that things are not in control. 

• 3 weeks later...

I recently built a new server based on a Gigabyte Aorus Master B550.  This mobo has 3 pcie slots, 1 x16 which goes directly to the CPU and 2 other that runs via the B550 chipset.  From a theoretical approach I figured the Jcat usb XE had to be plugged into the pcie x16.  However, the server would not boot with the card in this slot, so I was forced to choose a different slot.  After trying all the settings in BIOS (thanks for the help @Marcin_gps) I finally decided to update the BIOS.  And that worked, the x16 slot accepts the XE card now! And things changed...

What I hear now is hard to describe.  It's all so realistic, more micro dynamics, stereo image wider, deeper and higher.  And all those details, wow! There are people on this forum who have a much greater talent for describing sound quality so I'll leave it at that.  But if you have this mobo or something similar, try the usb card in this slot!  I never expected it to make such a big difference. 

On 10/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, Vlaag said:

And that without having a linear power supply, still awaiting the duo3.

You might want to wait for the ATX power supply that Jcat has in development. I have no experience with their power supplies, but if it is just as good as the other components that Jcat supplies, I am confident it can compete with the best in the market

2 hours ago, Vlaag said:

Marcin said in another post that for low voltages the (like usb+net card) the duo still performs better for that purpose.

I would find that a bit of a strange proposition.  The ATX power supply will have a separate circuit for the 5v lines.  In order not to make them obsolete from the beginning, they should have at least the same quality as the Optimo 3 in my opinion. I realize I am off topic here and will ask my questions in the appropriate thread.  To be continued 🙂