IGNORED

Power Supply for 8th gen NUC

I have been running an 8i7BEH off the 12v output of a JS-2. Am curious as to why the stock power supply is 19v, anyone know why?

Another name I have seen mentioned is Farad,  its output is limited to 3A at 12/19 volts

https://faradpowersupplies.com/shop/en/home/51-15249-super3-power-supply.html#/37-dc_output-19v/53-ac_mains-110_120vac/54-ac_mains-220_240vac/57-front_panel-silver/73-furutech_rhodium_ac_inlet-no/75-dc_connector_option-55_21mm/76-dc_connector_option-55_25mm/83-fuse_upgrade-no

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, mnuno10 said:

Yes, the NUC is capable of running at 12V, my problems is knowing if 4A at 12V(48W) is enough for the NUC to operate properly.

Thank you for the suggestion but that seems to expensive for what I'm looking for.

Good LPS's do run around $500 with the requisite amperage. Less expensive ones will have more audible voltage contaminants in USB out

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 1 month later...

bought a Super Farad 3 @12V (3A) because I wanted something I could swap back and forth between NUC and pre amp. Over all a pretty nice, compact unit.

It will not boot/power an 8i7BEH NUC in turbo mode but worked for me with all other options enabled using 16gb RAM, 16Gb Optane drive + 2.5" HD installed.

As benchmarks I found it better than the HDPLex200W I had tried, no sense of strain, very "solid" sound Not as good as the Uptone Audio JS-2 already

in place, a slight accentuation of digital edge through a Schiit Eitr, YMMV with a better asynch USB input. Its doing great now powering the pre but I wouldn't

hesitate to power a compatible NUC with it if I didn't already own a JS-2

Regards,

Dave

Audio system