IGNORED

Duelund 12 AWG speaker wire for sale

I purchased 20 meters of Duelund 12 awg (DCA12GA) Tin Plate Copper Hookup Wire on the 2 of March from Parts Connection to try out.

There has been a buzz about this wire and its 16 AWG cousin. I've had a listen and neither my old ears nor less than optimal room acoustics enable me to defend keeping it. YMMV.

This wire came in a single piece of 20 meters.  I turned it into a set of pairs.  Here is what I have (they shorted me slightly):

1.  Two pieces (1 pair) of 6 meters = about 20 ft.

2.  Two pieces (1 pair) of 3.8 meters = 12.5 ft.

I paid 17.95/meter plus $23 in shipping from Canada.  I'm asking $13/meter and will cover PayPal and US priority or equivalent to CONUS.

Will sell together or separately.  Keep in mind you'll need to cut 1) or 2) in half to get four pieces (a complete stereo set)!

26 minutes ago, sockpit said:

I purchased 20 meters of Duelund 12 awg (DCA12GA) Tin Plate Copper Hookup Wire on the 2 of March from Parts Connection to try out.

There has been a buzz about this wire and its 16 AWG cousin. I've had a listen and neither my old ears nor less than optimal room acoustics enable me to defend keeping it. YMMV.

This wire came in a single piece of 20 meters.  I turned it into a set of pairs.  Here is what I have (they shorted me slightly):

I paid 17.95/meter plus $23 in shipping from Canada.  I'm asking $13/meter and will cover PayPal and US priority or equivalent to CONUS.

Will sell together or separately.  Keep in mind you'll need to cut 1) or 2) in half to get four pieces (a complete stereo set)!

Interesting you didn’t get on with the sound of Duelund cable. I use Duelund DCA16GA as speaker cable with a low power tube amp and efficient speakers, and I think it is a great match. What amp and speakers did you try the Duelund cable with, and which speaker cable were you using before?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

1 hour ago, sockpit said:

Just want to be clear that I'm selling strictly by the meter for each "strand" or cable of wire (but not each strand within wire ;)

43 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

Interesting you didn’t get on with the sound of Duelund cable. I use Duelund DCA16GA as speaker cable with a low power tube amp and efficient speakers, and I think it is a great match. What amp and speakers did you try the Duelund cable with, and which speaker cable were you using before?

I have a low power tube amp and efficient speakers too.

Am really the wrong guy to ask.  Inherently skeptical about wire claims, esp directionality, burn-in.  But more to the point, my ears are not that discerning and my room sucks.  And I just don't have the patience to A/B wire endlessly.  Would rather save my money for component upgrades.  YMMV.

Just adding some info that might be useful to potential buyers.

The Duelund cable needs a really extensive amount of burn in.  It fluctuates massively in sound after 40 hrs until 200 hrs after which it settles in.  During the burn in the sound goes from glorious to unlistenable at times.  Cable cookers don't seem to offer the best results either.  As always YMMV.

Good luck with your sale.

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Thanks.  What’s your sample set?  

I’ve come to think many fluctuations we audiophiles hear are functions of things like a good nights sleep or the quality of bourbon we drink. 😈

MMDV: It was never even close to unlistenable for me.  This is substantial wire with a unique insulator and well worth a try for those fine tuning their speaker cables. 

On 4/1/2020 at 5:32 AM, sockpit said:

Thanks.  What’s your sample set?  

7 users.  1200+ hours over a period of 3 years.  What's yours?

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

1 user.  81 hours over 27 days. Bouts of insomnia and a vast range of whiskies.  Sounded terrible with Kessler's.

But seriously: Perhaps I didn't give it enough time, but I'm nonetheless happy to pass on to someone who can appreciate it!  Thanks for the feedback.