IGNORED

Want to purchase HQPlayer, but about it's more robust features?

vvcv

1 minute ago, vvcv said:

Wow, yep, and there it is. Just to clarify for others, I found it in the installation directory. 

Bear in mind that some of the filters are for specific things- MQA for example or DAC types. Read the manual and pick filters for your DAC and try them out. The filters are all about trade offs and not absolutes. That is why there are more than one. The differences can be quite startling.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

5 minutes ago, vvcv said:

Wow, yep, and there it is. Just to clarify for others, I found it in the installation directory. 

Oh, and purchasing new equipment is not necessary. The whole premise of HQP is in part about getting the best performance out of the hardware you have. I happen to be a proponent of PCM>DSD, but didn't start off that way. It was through using this program that I slowly merged into it.

Forrest:

1 hour ago, vvcv said:

Thanks again Solstice380. It may have been one of your first posts, but during reading everything on this thread I called Benchmark. The contact I always speak with when I need something technical taken care of, he is the one that gets me up and running, though he is a sales manager and not an engineer. But, he's fairly certain that the Benchmark would indeed see the DSD64 signal (DACs max rate) and still apply it's own hardware filters. I trust he would know just by the knowledge which he speaks regarding their DACs. 

Given how much I've learned today, I think it would be great community knowledge if someone with more background in this area could call Benchmark to get a reason as to why their DACs may do this re-filtering. This information could then possibly be used to help others in choosing DACs when they have decided to add HQPs filters as an option in their audio systems --without any hardware mucking up HQP sound. Just a thought, because the question I posted today seems to be a fairly common misunderstanding for a lot of high fidelity/music fans out there who are now just beginning to learn what software can bring to their end game sound quality pursuits. 

If the DAC2s are like the originals, they do what is called resampling or ASRC whereby all of the inputs are reclocked internally by the Benchmark in an attempt to reduce jitter. They view it as an advantage. It generally negates the input quality and puts its own mark on for better or worse. You likely won't get much traction with HQPlayer on it. I'd try one of your AKM DACs to begin with.

Forrest: