IGNORED

Mola Mola Kula integrated amplifier

1 hour ago, Rexp said:

Steve likes digital playback so not a big deal that he likes this class D amp. Now if Fremer agreed, I'd take notice. 

Not accurate. Steve prefers vinyl, and until the Mola Mola never found a Class D amp that he didn't feel was lacking somehow. He even says this in the review of the Mola Mola. 

Fremer has praised Class D amps and systems like the Kii in the past. He isn't against digital- he just doesn't like Redbook.

There are multiple instances of him saying a hi-res version of an album was the best one. Just last week he said he preferred the new digital remix of "Plastic Ono Band" to his original LP. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

15 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Fake news

Very Trumpian. No facts, just yell fake....

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Matias said:

The Kula integrated was reviewed in the October edition of Hi-Fi News. 

Other than endless praise, to me the news part is that Mola-Mola did not implement the regular NCore technology for this amp, but improved the feedback circuit to reduce distortion significantly, with higher damping factor and better power supply noise rejection.

I wonder if those improvements will eventually trickle down to the NCore OEM modules themselves eventually? This would be great.

Doubtful. Bruno doesn't work for NCore anymore, and the Mola Mola stuff was actually designed almost 10 years ago.

NCore themselves seem to keep a line between the OEM stuff and the non-OEM stuff, and keep a few features just for the commercial versions.

Bruno's latest designs on the market are from Purifi - a different company. Seems like that's where he's putting his effort. I think he actually is a part owner there, unlike at NCore, where he wasn't, AFAIR.

I guess it's possible that Mola-Mola could move to Purifi modules, but that's also doubtful, as I think Mola-Mola and NCore are sister companies.