IGNORED

Discussion of the UpTone / J.Swenson EtherREGEN 'white paper'

On 3/12/2020 at 9:27 AM, Confused said:

Ah, I think I was the first one to mention expectation bias in this thread.  OK - One point to clarify, in the context of my earlier post I was referring to my own expectation bias.  So I buy an EtherRegen.  Why?  Because I think it will improve my system.  I think this because of what I have read about the EtherRegen, the concept and the technology, and by the time I actually have the EtherRegen and install it in my system, I have read quite a few positive reports from those that received one before me.  So on first use, I am both optimistic and hopeful that it will offer an improvement.  Can this influence my own expectation bias?  Maybe, I am certainly not arrogant enough to claim I am 100% immune to it.  As it happens, I was similarly optimistic when trying an AQVOX switch, but ultimately decided it was not doing anything positive for sound quality and so I returned it for a refund.  Based on this, I could claim I have the power to overcome expectation bias, how else to explain that I hear a difference with the EtherRegen but not an AQVOX switch, when in both cases I was expecting an improvement?  The thing is, human psychology is a very complex thing, the argument may seem sound but the reality is far too complex to analyse in this way.  

A lot of waffle here, but the point is exactly as @Audiophile Neuroscience is alluding to in the post above.  I know enough to doubt myself, which is why I would particularly like to see the white paper backed up by measurements.  I am genuinely looking forward to seeing the measurements, I am sure it will be fascinating. 

Hi ,

I have experienced both with aqvox se and er in my system . They both bring nice sound quality improvements but the er is clearly superior to the aqvox se .

All our audio systems are different and influenced by so many parameters that one product will not work in all systems .

This comes on top of the expectation bias .

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis