IGNORED

In search of speakers that are more efficient

4 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

These are amazing at just below your price point:  https://voxativ.berlin/987

love my 9.87’s (my previous speakers were B&W 802d3’s). I have the 4D drivers which are 104dB efficient.  Basically a full range speaker experience with <2W. The dynamics, transparency, and holographic imaging are way beyond anything I’ve heard before. Single driver speaker experience isn’t for everyone, but worth seeking out an audition

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

1 minute ago, kennyb123 said:

Another important quality for me is heft.  My Aerial 10Ts convey this to a satisfactory level.  I wonder how a single driver speaker Zeth might hold up in this regard (when used with their subs).  

I have the bass units for the Zeth's (single bass driver and class D amp, vs the dual bass drivers and class A/B amps in the Pi bass units).  The Zeth's + Z bass units are VERY nice, even with the entry level drivers.  In fact, I consider the Omega SAMs + Z bass units driven direct by a Chord DAC to be the best bang for the buck in audio (~$6k for a world class listening experience).

For me, the Vox's have enough speed that they have that "snap!" that conveys real physicality.  The pi bass units are absolutely killer.  I don't miss my B&W 802d3's in the slightest (well maybe just a little).  Even the 2W from DAVE drives these to uncomfortable listening levels for me.

1 minute ago, kennyb123 said:

I had lived in San Diego for 7 years prior to moving to the Seattle area in 2003.  I have been promising friends I will visit there again in the not too distant future.  Likely I will one day take you up on your invitation.  With the first US coronavirus death having occurred at the hospital less than a mile from my home, that’s not gonna happen anytime soon though.

Would love to host you Ken.  Stay safe and healthy, and I hope things stay contained up there (for all our sakes)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers