IGNORED

DIY Project High Performance Audio PC with high quality wiring

I spent the entire late afternoon and evening reading this thread and the highly informative one started by Neon.    Kudos to you all.

My lonely CAPS Lagoon was sadly feeling like the 'hillbilly stepchild' in this field of very heavy hitters.

One thing I have not read in any of the threads is costings.    I'm fairly certain us budding DIY PC builders would like to see some prices attached to the various components you have been discussing.  

Cases

Power supplies

USB cards

Ram

i9 Motherboards

CPU's,

Heat sinks.

They all come at a price along the way.   Please include the RRP of these items where possible. 

Whether it be in US $ or the Euro.    I'm presuming these PC's are pushing $10,000 US$.   I'm just trying to get my head around what is possible for the $$$ as a DIY build.

Thanks again for all your brilliant posting and ideas.

Regards Cazzesman

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:07 PM, dminches said:

It worked a treat for both my 2012 and 2019 versions.     Make sure you mark your calendar with a reminder for the end of each 180 day period so you can get in and re-arm.  I normally set my reminder 2 or 3 days ahead of the due date.    Make sure you count your 180 days off and not just say 'Oh yeah 6 months'.      And count your re-arms.   "Now was that 5 or 6?"    A trap for young players :-)

Regards Cazzesman

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the reply,

the CPU temperature difference between an open chassis and with acrylic lid was only 2-3°C

When you say 'open chassis' I take it you mean with the metal lid completely off the H5.

If that is the case do you have data on both the approx temps with the metal lid on and with the lid off? v(depending on operation and installed components).

I am just trying to gage the merits of the large holes in the lid, to release so heat build up.    No doubt there is some but I was wondering how much approximately.

Regards Cazzesman