IGNORED

First use of USbridge sig / dietpi

hello,

As per Allo requirement, I raise my newbie support questions here.

I received a new USBridge sig, with diepi (and normally allo GUI) on a sd card.

I am new with a raspi, but have some Linux/unix past, a long time ago.

I connected a screen and a keyboard to the sig then connected the usb dac, and the power cord.

I had a power on screens, and finally dietpi (v. 6.26.3) terminal , inviting to launch dietpi-launcher, or dietpi-software etc.

(Nota : I use either login allo / allo or root./ dietpi to go there)

After changing the keyboard layout (I am not using US qwerty), here I am to choose a few soft I woulg like in the système (Kodi, LMS, realVNC,, a file manager, a windows's xterminal (can't remember which one) etc etc).

But no allo GUI on sight. (no 159 package on dietpi… I could see a 160 Allo web gui on the  "uninstall" list bur nothing more)

The installation start, complete etc

Now when I boot using a terminal or the kde system, I do not know where to go next.

Searching on internet, I have tried to use the firefox provided on the usbridge to connect to http://ip address (seen on the terminal) or at http://dietpi.local, but i have nothing (no response from server.)

How I can launch and connect to Allo GUI ?

Thank's

TC

18 minutes ago, TamaChan said:

hello,

I connected a screen and a keyboard to the sig then connected the usb dac, and the power cord.

I had a power on screens, and finally dietpi (v. 6.26.3) terminal , inviting to launch dietpi-launcher, or dietpi-software etc.

After changing the keyboard layout (I am not using US qwerty), here I am to choose a few soft I woulg like in the système (Kodi, LMS, realVNC,, a file manager, a windows's xterminal (can't remember which one) etc etc).

But no allo GUI on sight. (no 159 package on dietpi… I could see a 160 Allo web gui on the  "uninstall" list bur nothing more)

Now when I boot using a terminal or the kde system, I do not know where to go next.

Searching on internet, I have tried to use the firefox provided on the usbridge to connect to http://ip address (seen on the terminal) or at http://dietpi.local, but i have nothing (no response from server.)

Thank's

TC

What are you trying to do with DietPi, how do you want to play music with it? You didn’t mention plugging an Ethernet cable into the USBridge to connect to your LAN, have you done that?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

11 minutes ago, TamaChan said:

NB : the internet connection was clearly used to install the OS...

Have you tried ‘dietpi-software install 159’ from the command line to install the GUI if it isn’t already there?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

Hi,

after a reboot, and some additional install (it may not make any sens, but I tried LXDE, and and no webbrowser, so I needed to install another desktops, ( XFCE).

NB : I trier to boot on chromium, but no success here and an error with Xerver command at boot time ( )

==> Thats also a question : which web browser are available ? How can I use chromium ? (https://dietpi.com/dietpi-software.html

says that ;

Launch options?:

• Chromium can be launched from any desktop environment. ==> how ?
  • You can also run Chromium in kiosk mode (no desktop required), by running dietpi-autostart and selecting Chromium.

==> not working for me.

On LXDE with Firefox I add access to the login page of allo GUi with http://xxx.xxx.x.xx IP addresse from the terminal).

however, I trier [email protected] / allo and have only access to a page with "allo.com + logo" on the top , a "dashboard" text (i cannot click, no button), and the footpage.

the only link is allo.com, wich give me an : login error.

I try ot remove LXDE to use only XFCE to see if I can boot on Cromium...

3 minutes ago, TamaChan said:

Hi,

after a reboot, and some additional install (it may not make any sens, but I tried LXDE, and and no webbrowser, so I needed to install another desktops, ( XFCE).

NB : I trier to boot on chromium, but no success here and an error with Xerver command at boot time ( )

==> Thats also a question : which web browser are available ? How can I use chromium ? (https://dietpi.com/dietpi-software.html

says that ;

Launch options?:

• Chromium can be launched from any desktop environment. ==> how ?
  • You can also run Chromium in kiosk mode (no desktop required), by running dietpi-autostart and selecting Chromium.

==> not working for me.

On LXDE with Firefox I add access to the login page of allo GUi with http://xxx.xxx.x.xx IP addresse from the terminal).

however, I trier [email protected] / allo and have only access to a page with "allo.com + logo" on the top , a "dashboard" text (i cannot click, no button), and the footpage.

the only link is allo.com, wich give me an : login error.

I try ot remove LXDE to use only XFCE to see if I can boot on Cromium...

That all sounds very complicated to get working. I ordered my USBridge Signature with a moOde SD card, and all I had to do was boot it, then find out which IP address it was using and connect to it over the LAN via the moOde web interface.

I don’t think there should be any need to install a Linux Desktop and all these other things you are doing.

7 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

That all sounds very complicated to get working. I ordered my USBridge Signature with a moOde SD card, and all I had to do was boot it, then find out which IP address it was using and connect to it over the LAN via the moOde web interface.

I don’t think there should be any need to install a Linux Desktop and all these other things you are doing.

I will maybe try to change the os, and flash a sd card with something else...

However, it seems strange that I cannot make this work with the initial Sd card provided by Allo.

Could someone maybe explain how to make a fresh/good install with the dietpi card provided by allo ?

What should I do /install ? (maybe I did something stupid with dietpi-software install the first time without knowing ?)

Or maybe, there are pre-requisite on the network configuration ?

regards,

You do not need any GUI or desktop environment installed and run on your USBridge to make use of it as a music server / network transport. This is not how it is designed to be used. Allo GUI is just a web page you access from some other computer (or a smartphone) in order to change DietPi configuration options. But Allo GUI is not even necessary, your USBridge should work out of the box. The only configuration required is setting up access to your music files. While it is certainly possible to do via Allo GUI, I prefer using dietpi-drive_manager command line tool for doing this, run from ssh login shell.

You then access and manage various services running on your USBridge/DietPi from remote devices on your network: your smartphone, tablet or a PC. You can play music files using O!MPD web interface or UPnP/DLNA mobile apps like BubbleUPnP or Hi-Fi Cast (and many more).

The default music server preinstalled is MPD which can be controlled via O!MPD web interface (preinstalled) operated from a web browser on your phone, tablet, PC, etc.

Now that you have already screwed up your DietPi installation you might want to start from scratch by burning a fresh SD image. Then take some time to read documentation before experimenting further. This will save you a lot of time and effort. But if you want to learn the hard way you may continue doing such using trial and error method, you will certainly have lots of fun in the process.

11 hours ago, TamaChan said:

hello,

Thank's

TC

After connecting USBrdge signature to your network through ethernet cable (Wired LAN),You have to find out IP detected by the device by scanning your network.

After getting the IP of the device ,you can access the Dietpi Allo Web GUI by entering the IP address in the web browser.

image.thumb.png.4888d088093edafa050bb3b2403a6eef.png

Also forwarded PM please check