IGNORED

Members Products of the Decade

3 hours ago, Richard Dale said:

I was trying to think of anything I’ve got that would qualify as a product of the decade and you’ve just reminded me. I would nominate the LS50 wireless speakers. Value for money is off the scale as they are a complete system for not much more than the passive LS50. Combine them with subwoofers in a well treated room like I have, and they are the basis of a really quite high end full range sounding system.

Hi Richard,

I helped my nephew set up his system for his smallish townhouse and after a lot of research we selected the passive LS50s driven by a NuPrime IDA-8, that has its own internal DAC. Sounds great and the LS50 are certainly one of the best book shelf speakers I have heard. Combine that with a well implemented DAC, digital amplification and adding a pair of SUBs and it is easy to see why the wireless version it is such a revered product. I don't know what would compare with it $ vs sound quality for a small listening area except maybe a secondhand Benchmark DAC 2 into a pair of active speakers such as the ADAM A7xs.

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers