IGNORED

Can I make a CD from a Flac download.

Hello

I want to buy Vivaldi Complete Cello Sonatas  Ophélie Gaillard and Ensemble Pulcinella. The CD costs £22 on ama*on, that too much for me.

The question is:

If I download the flac file of it can I write an exact copy of the CD from the download. I ask as Exact audio copy produces a flac that can be written back to an exact CD. If so its less than half the price of a CD. Presto Classical are one choice, are there any others.

Thanks

diode84

I have a choice of pcs and laptops. I run puppy zenial64  linux by preference but run exact audio copy only on XP although I also have win7. If I convert a cd to flac with exact audio copy on xp I can then burm the flac files back to a cd and it is identical to the original cd.

Would the same be true for a downloaded cd as flac.

Thanks

diode84

On 12/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, diode84 said:

I have a choice of pcs and laptops. I run puppy zenial64  linux by preference but run exact audio copy only on XP although I also have win7. If I convert a cd to flac with exact audio copy on xp I can then burm the flac files back to a cd and it is identical to the original cd.

Would the same be true for a downloaded cd as flac.

Thanks

diode84

It depends if the download master is the same as the CD. Start with choosing a 16/44.1 version. I have seen examples when the resultant folder exactly matches the CD album, (Using "folder as album" in XLD - sorry, Mac!), right down to the AccurateRip check still working.

If this doesn't work (barring the edge case of a few CDs still having pre-gaps, the sample value of which will be unknown to you), you simply have proof that it ISN'T the same as the CD.

Go, on, give it a go...