IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Products of the Decade

Guest QAwdeermteyiouion

Out of interest I went to the Sonore web site to see what those Rendus actually are for. Funnily I came a way from there without being much wiser. Normally manufacturers give a general description of their products on their web site in addition to technical details. I assume Rendus stream music from the Internet (which I'm currently not a user of), but I'm pretty much in the dark about everything else, and what makes them "the audiophile hardware product of the decade".

I'm probably not going to buy one, though, although I'll probably buy a DAC in the not-so-distant future. It just felt funny to at the same time understand the basics of hi-fi and digital audio, and not understand what an audio component that people rave about actually does. I might of course have googled (duckduckgoed) around for an explanation, but in the worst case scenario I might then end up buying a Rendu, and Sonore wouldn't get punished for it's information-poor web site :-).

4 minutes ago, Ademeion said:

Out of interest I went to the Sonore web site to see what those Rendus actually are for. Funnily I came a way from there without being much wiser. Normally manufacturers give a general description of their products on their web site in addition to technical details. I assume Rendus stream music from the Internet (which I'm currently not a user of), but I'm pretty much in the dark about everything else, and what makes them "the audiophile hardware product of the decade".

I'm probably not going to buy one, though, although I'll probably buy a DAC in the not-so-distant future. It just felt funny to at the same time understand the basics of hi-fi and digital audio, and not understand what an audio component that people rave about actually does. I might of course have googled (duckduckgoed) around for an explanation, but in the worst case scenario I might then end up buying a Rendu, and Sonore wouldn't get punished for it's information-poor web site :-).

I definitely hear you. I’ve always told the Sonore team its website was circa 1998 and only offered the bare minimum. Those guys have their own style and way of doing things 😳

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

48 minutes ago, Ademeion said:

what makes them "the audiophile hardware product of the decade".

I browsed this website for a few years before making a move in my system. Computer Audio before the microRendu pretty much consisted of using a sonically compromised laptop or building your own music-dedicated computer. The microRendu and the SOTM sms-200 (which I ended up purchasing), allowed streaming with great sound, low price and ease of use. That combination was a sea change in digital audio, IMO.

PS Music Renderers are also for streaming your own music from a computer, hard disc or NAS, not just internet.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.