IGNORED

Let's be Honest and tell me the truth.

STC

7 hours ago, STC said:

There are many YouTube experts here who supposedly could tell from the YT audio all about the audio quality of a system.

Please name them .

I would be surprised if you needed more than one hand to count them with.:D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

22 minutes ago, STC said:

All those who thinks YT sound is unbearable. This is their opportunity to prove their point. 

I am not saying it is unbearable,. I am saying it is almost useless for this kind of thing and I believe that most members are not interested in wasting their time discussing this further with you.

To obtain any kind of meaningful results in this area you need high quality captures, preferably at >16/44.1 , and perhaps saved to Dropbox etc. where the audio won't be dumbed down, or can be downloaded from directly and saved in it's original format.

I have way more pressing things to do in the Audio area at the moment though , so I have no interest in participation at this time , even if that was done.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

31 minutes ago, STC said:

I have 24/96 too but you have more pressing things to do, perpetually. 

Your stuff has a very low priority currently, as you should already be aware of from some group PMs.

Nether do I have a great deal of interest in this area.

6 minutes ago, STC said:

This reply would have taken some of your precious time. Much appreciated. 

It looks like you will have to rely on just Frank's contributions then, as you started this thread >11 hours ago, and there have been 167 views so far, but nobody else is apparently interested in participating so far.

1 hour ago, marce said:

Group PM's that sounds sinister...

A small number of members are working behind the scenes with John Dyson to help evaluate the  changes he is implementing with his highly innovative Dolby A S/W decoder, which  is being used to correct major problems with many of the famous recordings from last century, mainly due to the lack of Dolby A decoding, or poorly calibrated Dolby A decoders when preparing them for release on CDs,  as well as some Engineers attempting to EQ over the incorrectly decoded masters . 

John is doing this in order to archive them for future generations, so that they can be heard in the way they should have been heard originally.

In fact, John's S/W decoder is vastly more accurate then the original Dolby A Hardware decoders.

In some cases , the original CDs weren't too bad, but they were not always decoded properly (if at all)  when used to make compilations from different albums of the same artist