IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

On 11/14/2019 at 7:59 PM, Darryl R said:

My new EtherREGEN sounds marvelous.  I had been running from bridged JCAT Net connections on my Linux server directly to the Ethernet Renderer module in the MSB Select II DAC.  Now I'm running out the EtherREGEN and I hear more detail.  I'll no longer need the bridge.

@Darryl R have you tried leaving the cat card in place and adding the ER between your bridge and dac? I’d be interested to hear results and if improving the Ethernet signal using the jCat made any difference/improvement at all. 

• 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, TwinPeak said:

After managing to hardware reset the Cisco 2060, it has been a permanent member of my audio system.

I too use stacked ERs...good little improvement in my book as long as the PSUs are good.

Off-topic but @TwinPeak if you could PM to point me in the direction of how you hardware reset your 2960 then I'm all ears...it's so far eluded me. Then I can try three switches in a row! Thanks.

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, jas said:

I use Finistar FTLF 1318 P2 xcl and FO cable is: FIYPRo Fiber OS2 LC Single Mode Fiber (from Amazon). Modules and fiber were chosen from studying the pages of AS.

@jas - Interesting info, thank you for posting. Does this means that you connect your first ER to your LAN via RJ45 socket on the A side, come out the B-side with fibre and then into 2nd ER to the A-side using fibre and finally connect to your DAC using ethernet RJ45 on B-side (see image below...just to make sure we're talking about the same sides ;-) )

Just to add my findings here, I have 2 ERs. My connections go as follows: fibre > a-side > b-side > ethernet > a-side > b-side > ethernet > DAC. I have experimented with all sort of fibre convertors in the past but ER saw them off. In my mind 2 ERs do make an improvement but we are talking 'icing on the cake' territory in my system. I have also experimented with clocks and bought the aliexpress clock recommended elsewhere on this site. This originally clocked both ERs. Recently, I bought the afterdark ER clock and now use that to clock the ER nearest my DAC. All worth it in my book but again, icing on the cake improvements. 

image.thumb.png.d2c49ca6b2e0f8c2b703445309b66435.png

8 minutes ago, jas said:

May try an AD clock this year, but opted to double down on the basics (!) and bought a JS-2 for the back end eR (and router) first.

Interesting - thanks for the info. Nice, I totally agree with you that power supply is the priority here!