IGNORED

Library Management

baconbrain

Looking for a windows utility which would provide for extracting flac files with a pre-defined Sample Rate (for example 192/24) and copying them to a different physical drive while retaining the original folder structure. Ideally the utility can deal with libraries of significant size.

Any suggestions? 

Why don't you use Foobar2000? Add Facets and create some filters. I use %codec% - %samplerate% and have FLAC - 192000 for example.

Then you select your files and right-click them and select "File Operations => Move to"

In the window that opens you enter at first entry the top level directory that you want to store the music and in the second entry you write %path%. It will copy what you have selected in to the new location. It has auto preview and you can see before what it will happen.

Also see section 6 of the following link sine it has the above variables and more https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

11 minutes ago, koupa said:

Why don't you use Foobar2000? Add Facets and create some filters. I use %codec% - %samplerate% and have FLAC - 192000 for example.

Then you select your files and right-click them and select "File Operations => Move to"

In the window that opens you enter at first entry the top level directory that you want to store the music and in the second entry you write %path%. It will copy what you have selected in to the new location. It has auto preview and you can see before what it will happen.

Also see section 6 of the following link sine it has the above variables and more https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

Thanks, sounds similar to JRiver which I used in the past, but have now forgotten all the syntax, etc. ☺️

Was kind of hoping there would be something a bit more gui based out there for lazy people like myself.

The samplerate is an internal property of a file. Somehow you have to read it. So you can't use a generic program. It must read that property and only a media player can do that.

It's very easy. Although I use Roon for my music and Jriver as a generic media player F2K is also installed with a lot of addons. Exactly for that purpose. With Directory Opus they are my Swiss Army Knifes. They can do almost everything and are very light.

59 minutes ago, koupa said:

The samplerate is an internal property of a file. Somehow you have to read it. So you can't use a generic program. It must read that property and only a media player can do that.

It's very easy. Although I use Roon for my music and Jriver as a generic media player F2K is also installed with a lot of addons. Exactly for that purpose. With Directory Opus they are my Swiss Army Knifes. They can do almost everything and are very light.

Oh,  I like the looks of Directory Opus (now called Opus 12). Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick loop back regarding Opus 12. As powerful as it is, the pre-defined search criteria filters for sample rate only go to "greater than 48000",  which is helpful but falls short of what I am looking for... Somewhat surprised that one cannot define the nummeric value themselves. 

On 10/8/2019 at 7:16 PM, koupa said:

Working now with Foobar and the results are quite good. The only thing I can't seem to address is to include also the album cover file (*.jpq) in the filter results with facets. Any ideas?  

When the window opens and fill in your pattern, it has a checkbox that says "move entire source". If you enable it it will move everything in to the new position. But be careful because if you have various files in there it will move everything. Once I had a folder with a few hundred files from various artists. When I moved the first batch everything disappeared because they all went to the new location. So watch out for different files and subfolders.