IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

4 hours ago, albert said:

I am presently using my desktop computer's usb output into a ifi usb and then to a chord hugo. I have used a raspberry pie + hifi berry digi + to the hugo but did not find it much better than the 1st configuration. Would the allo usbridge sig be much of an improvement?  Also is the shanti power supply make much of a difference, since the hugo does not need the usb power. 

Hifiberry digi+ isn’t that good of a source

23 hours ago, albert said:

Funny , i don't really know if the ifi really improved the sound that much. I plan on using this on my headphone setup which is beside my desktop computer. I am leaning towards the usbridge since i plan on using volumio with an attached external hard drive  and the price is cheaper. I don't know what to expect from the allo unit. Reading reviews seems to indicate that the digone sig and the usbridge sig sound pretty similar. I am not in a hurry . Do they have any discount for black friday?

Not familiar with the quality of the Hugo's USB input, but IME it's a lot easier to "fix" USB on a low power, less complex device such as the RPi.

If you're not in a hurry, I would hold off buying the USBridge or get a Digione Sig first (I personally own both, using the USBridge as an "audiophile Pi" for the DigSig. There's nothing wrong with the current USBridge, but I heard Allo is working on a new version based on the Pi4 CM.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...