IGNORED

ifi add on products

I own a Auralic Vega (original) and i use a ERC3 CD player and a Intel Nuc/Roon Rock for my digital. Is there any need for the ifi add-on products to my system, would you expect any of them to improve sound quality? I was considering the SPDIF Purifier for my CD player. There are a number of different ptoducts, Silencers, Defenders etc. Thanks for your advice. 

VPI Classic II Benz Micro, Emotiva ERC-3, Auralic Vega, Modwright LS100 Pre, Wells Audio Inamorata, GR Research H Frame Sub, TWL, Transparent Audio, WyWire, MIT etc.

In my estimation and experience, iFi products can bring nice improvements to lower-end gear. Not so much with higher-end gear. Looking at your system, I wouldn't bother.

Of course, I haven't used all of their de-crapifiers/add-ons so take my opinion FWIW but I do have the iPower 5, 9, and 12V, Micro iUSB Power Supply (original), SPDIF iPurifier, and Gemini Dual USB cable.

I've used de-crappifiers from several companies, including iFi. My impression was they made a small improvement in one system, and none in another. I think it may depend on the USB implementation in the DAC. Some aren't very good, even in expensive DACs. Or I may have imagined it. 

If you have a DAC with galvanic isolation on the input (I'm not familiar enough with the Vega) you may not need it.

On the other hand, you can get one just for psychological - audiophilia nervosa reasons - so you will think you are doing everything you can for your system.
I'm not trying to be funny. It's audio. If you think you've made it sound better, you subjectively probably  have. That's how perception works. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I highly recommend trying at least 1 AC iPurifier in your system. It really works even in mid to high end systems. Lowers the noise floor with better dynamics and sounds more natural. This is especially noticeable if your system has no other AC conditioning.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Thanks, I believe the USB implementation in the Vega DAC is supposed to be quite good. So that confirms what I thought. I'll check out the AC Purifier.

VPI Classic II Benz Micro, Emotiva ERC-3, Auralic Vega, Modwright LS100 Pre, Wells Audio Inamorata, GR Research H Frame Sub, TWL, Transparent Audio, WyWire, MIT etc.