IGNORED

Request for new Forum - Vinyl

56 minutes ago, SJK said:

I don’t feel the need to justify or explain where, when and why LP playback still has considerable relevance. 

It would seem that most of you posting here have either never had a turntable, or a very poor one with LPs to match and presume that same experience for others.  That’s a very closed minded opinion to say the least.  

And who listens to music through headphones?  What a diminutive experience.  And you hear snap, crackle and pop?  Try something other than your old records from the basement that you used to play on that old Dual record changer.

I’m disappointed that people who are willing to engage in lively debate on anything to do with bits and bytes completely discount what got us to where we are today.

I was state of the art in the day with a Kenwood direct drive base, Aluminum Infinity Black Widow tone arm Stanton 681EEE made in New York. Then a Technics SL-1200 so the kids could use it. 

So spare me I was around James Russell who understood the limitations of the LP in the sixties. And did something about it.