IGNORED

Subjective Rating System

I can't believe no one has yet said, night and day difference.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

There actually are some standards on this.  MUSHRA is a method of subjective quality assessment. 

There is also 

BS.1116-1 which hopefully not aptly named.  

It deals mostly in levels of impairment of the reproduced sound quality. 

https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/rec/bs/R-REC-BS.1116-1-199710-S!!PDF-E.pdf

You would have specific categories, like imaging, balance of response, global audio quality and some others are possible. 

You listen in comparison and rate 1 thru 5 the level of impairment. 

5.0 is Imperceptible

4.0 is perceptible, but not annoying. 

3.0 is slightly annoying.

2.0 is annoying.

1.0 is very annoying. 

I suppose one could do it reverse. 

5.0  Night and day better.

4.0 Many veils lifted.

3.0 One veil lifted.

2.0 Different, but not better.

1.0 Not different. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

16 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

Which equipment is this?  The specificity is remarkable, it must be an amazingly high-fidelity loudspeaker!  Birth of a new (dystopian?) world!  :D 

Bozak Concert Grand. Now I've probably insulted some one who has them. Apologies for that, but I'm calling it the way I heard it.

Maybe audio nirvana then is to start with mono, and add one channel every two years.  You'll get regular doses of those experiences like first time with stereo, and first time with 3 channel, and quadraphonic, and 5 channel surround so on and so forth.  With Dolby's offerings you'll not run out of channels to add.  

9 hours ago, RickyV said:

Ah crap, I meant angel of cause. A screaming eagle would be way to loud and a peeing eagle that’s just nasty.

Do angels pee?  And is it really any better if they do?

Of course an eagle doesn't just pee, it is always a combined expelling.  Definitely not what we want.