IGNORED

Bits is bits?

On 8/6/2019 at 2:57 PM, Indydan said:

I found this article through Darko. The author makes a case that it isn't a case of Bits are bits. I wonder what others think?

https://www.upscaleaudio.com/pages/bits-is-bits?fbclid=IwAR20r8A_bUYGlDjzsbFfEKzNAB06vDsYOgTf_TUf7xXwpps6-kdggIay4bU

Ugh. The 'author' delves right into the 'Antenna Affect'. For balanced digital cabling Siemons and Texas Instruments have 100% debunked this and there are threads where the relevant papers are linked and also quoted from.

Digital audio is highly buffered and playback continues even if a cable is removed.

If any here are Tidal users just login to Tidal, start playback and give it 30-45 seconds. Pull the cable and enjoy uninterrupted playback.

Did the sound improve, degrade, or stay the same.

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I don't need your ill prepared and biased tests.

I already have verification by another 4 high profile qualified members in the last 4 months alone., and NOT just with .wav files either.

The same mechanism affects Digital Video as well, and BOTH A and V at the same time with Digital Video files.

In other words, both your ears and eyes are telling you the files are different despite what the checksums may insist..

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think.