IGNORED

Power conditioning: how did you choose the best approach for your system?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 4:41 AM, PeterSt said:

It appears that mere electronic music is the most demanding. This is because it contains more "difficulty".

In what way?

Classical music recordings have both direct and venue sound. They also have a huge variety of instruments which can be playing simultaneously both solo or in a group of identical instruments. Or choirs. And you can listen to it live, so you are comparing reproduced with what you've listened to in loco. Can't make it any more difficult than that.

Violin Viola Cello Double-Bass Harp Bass-Drum Castanets Chimes Conga-Drum Cowbell Cymbals Glockenspiel Gong Guiro Snare-Drum Tambourine Tenor-Drum Timpani Triangle Wood-Block Xylophone Flute Piccolo Oboe English-Horn Clarinet Bass-Clarinet Saxophone Bassoon Contrabassoon French-Horn TrumpetT rombone Tuba Harpsichord Piano Organ ... What else?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

Hey Ricardo - Did you just respond to a. your dislike of electronic music and b. your own idea of classical music's complexity, or did you include my explanation in the post you quoted from? 

I mean, strange question "in what way". 

Peter

🙃 I admit to disliking electronic music and electronic instruments.

And I also admit that I wasn't clear.

In what way audibly? These sounds don't exist without electricity or speakers, how do you evaluate accuracy in the reproduction without measuring equipment, as you do with square-waves?

A different speaker/amplifier is like using a different electric-guitar speaker/amplifier, a different presentation... Isn't there a big chance that one will create a system that will make these artificial sounds sound the way you think they should sound instead of one that accurately reproduces the recorded signal? In other words, one is creating an instrument, not reproduction equipment.

57 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Add to it that neutral really exists. But this also takes a mile more. 

Short answer here: try find someone describing the sound of our products (DAC would be easiest). You won't find them. So I focus on neutrality and use the "sophisticated" electronic music to get there. And indeed, it would be the only music of which we can't determine the original sound. A complex matter of its own. 

I wasn't commenting on the performance/sound of your equipment, which I've unfortunately never had a chance to listen to, but on how certain types of music may or may not be more or less effective when used to evaluate "neutrality".

In fact I am quite sure, from what you say/write here, that they would suit me like a glove.