IGNORED

Hqplayer: best NAA with best sound quality

14 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Also, try your CAT6 in both directions. My Meicord CAT cables do not sound the same after changing direction.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

Just be careful that it doesn't have shields that would connect grounds of the NAA and any upstream network device. So it absolutely must be UTP type! Otherwise it spoils the galvanic isolation Ethernet otherwise provides. So check that the Ethernet connectors have plastic bodies, not metallic!

Thank you both for your comments!  My CAT cable does have a direction marking, and I just confirmed with the manufacturer that indeed it has a UTP connector.  Thanks again!

• 9 months later...
23 minutes ago, toddrhodes said:

I've wanted to get one of those UpBoards for awhile, but this seems like it's even one better in some ways. 

I just put one UpBoard up for sale on Ebay.  If anyone is interested, please go there to do a search.  If anyone feel my post here is inappropriate, please let me know, and I will remove this post.  Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I can't provide an A/B comparison summary here.  I've tried Up Gateway  around 2 years ago, it was very sensitive to power supply. I tried 2 audiophile Linear Power Supplies, 1 iFi iPowerX, and one medical-grade power supply.  They all sounded very different.  In the end, I sold my Up Gateway on eBay.

I have an iFi Zen Stream now, I don't like it with Linear Power Supplies (I don't know why), I currently power it with iFi iPowerX with iFi's DC isolator, sounds pretty ok. I somehow feel it sounded better the Up Gateway with various power supplies.  Maybe it's the iFi DC isolator?

I may try Holo Red next....

There has been NO AB comparison, as I owned them at different times.

10 minutes ago, TJHUB said:

I agree the UP Board is sensitive to power supplies.  I tried the medical grade switching power supply Jussie mentioned, and didn't like the sound.  I have a linear that just seems to sound good with the UP Board. 

Great! Can you share which power supply you and your eventually settle on?  Thanks a bunch!