IGNORED

Discussion of Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switches and miscellaneous chatter about SFP modules (started with OT posts from EtherREGEN thread)

A question on power cord for Cisco WS-C2960G-8TC-L. I tried a spare Audioquest NRG-Y3 C13 power cord I had. But this cord does not even power on the switch. Is this a non-compatible cord?. I thought all C13 cords would work on this switch.

Any pointers on why this cord does not work with WS-C2960G-8TC-L. I am using this with Finisar SFP modules with good result.

9 minutes ago, lake_eleven said:

A question on power cord for Cisco WS-C2960G-8TC-L. I tried a spare Audioquest NRG-Y3 C13 power cord I had. But this cord does not even power on the switch. Is this a non-compatible cord?. I thought all C13 cords would work on this switch.

Any pointers on why this cord does not work with WS-C2960G-8TC-L. I am using this with Finisar SFP modules with good result.

Try basic troubleshooting.

1.  take the cisco and power cable to another part of the house on a different circuit and see if it powers on
  2. take the power cable to a different device to see if it powers it in the same room then go to somewhere else on a different circuit and try the power cable on another device somewhere else in the house.

Regards

GG

1 hour ago, GryphonGuy said:

Try basic troubleshooting.

1.  take the cisco and power cable to another part of the house on a different circuit and see if it powers on
  2. take the power cable to a different device to see if it powers it in the same room then go to somewhere else on a different circuit and try the power cable on another device somewhere else in the house.

Regards

GG

Thanks GG. I tried both. The switch works fine with the cord that came with it. Audioquest cord works fine on the streamer as well! Both tests using the same wall outlet  to ensure no issue in the wall outlet as well.