IGNORED

Audirvana plays sporadically with Hi-Rez library

I have transferred 5 TB of hi-rez recordings to a WD external HD which I play through my iMac using the the 3.12.15 version of Audirvana.   It always takes a long time for the selected music to start playing and often I have to to click on the selected track several time to get it started. Then very often, the music just stops playing and I have to reselect it.  When the music stops, I commonly get one or the other of these prompts:

"Stopping audio device" or

"Error:  Unable to grab exclusive access"

Can anyone help me resolve this problem and get Audirvana to work correctly?   Thanks.  

Hello Whitestix,

you should post in the dedicated Audirvana 3.5 thread .... it is easier to receive an answer

anyway, some details about you system configuration are needed to try to sort out your problem:

is your dac (which one?) connected by usb to your Mac?

which resolution are your files and which type are they ( flac, alac, aiff, dsf, dff?)

which resolution can your dac accept?

have you tried to use the database maintenance tools in Audirvana (integrity check, index rebuild, db defragmentation)?

do you have some other audio application running when you receive the error messages?

Stefano

My audio system

Thanks for helping out.  I have an Ayre Codex that processes, to my knowledge, all files up to, but excluding MQA files.  My files are in FLAC format playing at the highest resolution possible.  I can't find the database maintenance tools you suggest trying.  Where are they located?  To my knowledge, I have not other audio applications running. Thanks again.  

... the maintenance tools are in Audirvana Preferences, click on the dented wheel in upright corner of the window.

All the options could be collapsed, to expand them click on the little arrow you'll find on the right in the same line of the option name

use them in the sequence Check, Rebuild, Defragment. Wait until each one is finished,

the last one (Defragment) can be long, Audirvana will close and another window will open, don't do anything until Audirvana will restart

Once you have done this check the DAC configuration, the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner, click on it then click on the arrow corresponding your dac

If you are upsampling how did you configured upsampling?

If you configured DSD upsampling consider that a lot of cpu is needed, which kind of iMac do you have?

Just to check if everything is going right uncheck upsampling at all, put it to Deactivated

try now to play something

let me know the result

Maintenance.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

Hello,

I am using Audirvana v3.2.15 while perhaps you have v3.5 because the only little dented wheel I see is on the bottom left of the screen.  Clicking on the dented wheel does nothing; it is a dead icon.  I have searched  in vain for any maintenance tool.Should I first be upgrading to v3.5?  Thanks.  

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

Come on... this ain't Photoshop to learn... Audirvana... File menu... Library...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

You know also that you have not read 3249 emails  lol

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I ran all the tests that Stefano suggested, although I got no prompt to inform me that the defrag process had ended.  I restarted the iMac and now I can't get any files to play.  I get the "Stopping audio device" prompt and then after again clicking on the play icon, I get "Unable to change to integer mode."  I am losing ground here.  I have gotten no response to these questions from Audirvana.  

4 hours ago, Whitestix said:

I ran all the tests that Stefano suggested, although I got no prompt to inform me that the defrag process had ended.  I restarted the iMac and now I can't get any files to play.  I get the "Stopping audio device" prompt and then after again clicking on the play icon, I get "Unable to change to integer mode."  I am losing ground here.  I have gotten no response to these questions from Audirvana.  

.... you shouldn't have migrated to the new version ....

if you have many (thousands) tracks the prices could be long, very long. be patient

try this ... in this process you'll lose all your playlists ... 

keep your license code on hand

Stop A+

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... 

To turn this folder visible and keep it visible, you can change the settings here:

Note: This option will not work for Mojave users (10.14).

Open Finder

In the Go menu, select "Go Home" (Keyboard Shortcut: Shift+Command+H)

In the View menu, select Show View Options (Keyboard Shortcut: Command+J)

In the View Options dialog box, check the box next to "Show Library Folder"

Copy the files in that folder somewhere else for backup...

then trash the original.

now go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences

locate these files

com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist

com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist

copy them somewhere for backup and trash them

restart mac

restart A+

you'll be prompted to insert your license code again

add your music folder again, like new and let it sync complete, be patient

image.png

Stefano

My audio system

Gents,

I am confused with the reference to "A+" which I take to mean Audirvana Plus.  Their website says their current software is simply Audirvana, no plus designation.  What am I missing.

In trying to sort through my issues with Audirvana, a new issue emerged today.  When I click on the Audirvana icon, iTunes opens up and the iTunes Integrated Mode icon (which looks like an audio receiver) appears on my screen.  I am unable to get Audirvana launched.  Any ideas.  Still no technical response to my issues from Audirvana.  😞  

Very good, no need to reference A+ then as I have v3.5.   I specifically did not choose method 2, but the fact remains that is the mode I am in and i can't get Audirvana open to change the designation, all I get is the iTunes Integration Mode icon  with no ability to access Audirvana.  I am at wits end.  Thanks.