IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You have SonicOrbiter 2.7?

Have you powered down the Eitr, then power down the Rendu, then powered up the Eitr and Rendu in that order? 

Have you recently (bast few days) pressed the update button, waited for the Back to Main Menu link, and reboot the unit?

Have you tested the Eitr on a different computer to be sure it works?

Have you tried different USB cable (cheap USB cable)? 

Have you visually inspected the connector on the Rendu for damage? 

If all these check out then you need to email your vendor and request an RMA number so we can have a look at it.

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.  I will try your suggestions and advise.

mbain

18 hours ago, mbain said:

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.  I will try your suggestions and advise.

Error in alsa-capabilities  (v0.9.1): play did not find a sound card

This is the message I get in Settings, custom DAC.  I have tried your suggestions without success to this point.

mbain

On 1/6/2019 at 1:35 PM, vortecjr said:

Does the Eitr work on a regular computer?

I just now connected the Eitr to my iMac directly using the same usb cable i was using to connect to the Ultrarendu.  The Eitr appears as an audio device in the Audio MIDI Setup window.  This tells me the usb cable is not faulty.  What does it say re. The Eitr?

Mark

mbain

Well, today I stumbled upon the solution to my problem.  I am posting this fix for the benefit of those who, like me, are increasingly frustrated with glitches and malfunctions.  Over the last 7-10 days I have spent 30-40 hours of my time looking to solve the issue at hand, suspecting all the while that something I did or did not do was the culprit.  Initially I updated my Ultrarendu to Sonicorbiter 2.7.  According to the installation screen, all went well, the installation was successful and was followed by a reboot.  Then the problems began, no sound, the result of the Eitr/DAC combo not being recognized under settings/DAC diagnostics.  As I said, 30-40 hours later and thinking that the installation of 2.7 might be the issue in spite of messages indicating the installation went well, I reinstalled 2.7 for the 5th time to lo and behold find the Eitr/DAC combo visualized.  I also spent $20.00 dollars purchasing a new 2.7 memory card that I apparently no longer need. I came very close to forgetting computer based audio in favor of audio solutions that are more stable, tried and true, after all, for most of us the hobby is about the music not so much getting the equipment to work.   I hope my experience helps someone down the line.  

mbain

• 2 months later...

I have a recurrence of the previous problem I had with my UR, see post #1890 going forward.  After having to shut down power to my entire system for a period of 6 weeks i am no longer able to find my eitr/Dac under Dac diagnostics.  I have gone through all of my previous hoops in order to "find" it with no Luck. At a loss for what to do.

mbain

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It's rare to have an issue with the USB connector. However, a good starting point would be to take a look at it. Also, try a generic USB cable. 

Swapped out usb cable without change.  All led’s on Ur functioning.  Eitr appears to be function within normal limits.????

mbain

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Follow these steps:

1. Updated the Rendu, then power down the Rendu.

2. Power cycled the USB device. 

3. Power up the Rendu.

4. Does the USB device show up in Apps / DAC Diagnostics?

Followed the above steps.  USB device does NOT show up in Apps/DAC Diagnostics.

mbain

1 hour ago, ericuco said:

Probably a few months ago. With this difficulty of connecting to my DAC, I try not to disturb the system unless absolutely necessary. Is there a newer release of SonicOrbiter?

Ericuco,

I sympathize with your problem as I too suffer from the same issue.  I recently discussed this with Sonore who went so far as to gain control of my computer via TeamViewer.  All of this and days of frustration ending in no solution.  So here I sit, dollars invested, no music and frustration galore.  There are better ways to go.

mbain

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Your issue is a little different. Your USB device does not show up in the operating system at all yet while other USB devices do. His issue is intermittent as I understand it so it sees his USB device. 

Whatever.  I still have no music.

mbain

Just now, vortecjr said:

Yes, understood. However, it could be related to your USB device. I offered you a Sonore ultraDigital and that offer is still on the table.   

I thank you for the kind offer however I do not have the money to take you up on your replacement offer.  I need a more affordable solution.  Perhaps a usb DAC /pre.    This would require the sale of my existing DAC and separate preamp.

mbain

7 hours ago, Jud said:

Don't know how much the Nano costs, or what mbain now uses, but my current setup (Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC, which replaced an iFi micro-iDSD) works very nicely with the microRendu, and I think sounds better in the same streaming situation (I send it DSD512).  The Pro-Ject is $400.

Jud,

I have been following many of your posts for years and have always enjoyed your comments.  Thank you for offering information regarding potential solutions to my issue.  At the moment i am beginning to feel that the best solution might be to replace my non usb Audio Research Dac 8 with a different bus Dac.  I would move in this direction if I could be certain that the new usb dac would provide superior  sound quality compared to the AR DAC 8.  Any suggestions?  Was considering the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell as a starting point.

Thanks

Mark

mbain

• 3 weeks later...