IGNORED

A help to a newbie with dirac

Goodafternoon to all.

Well i send an email to dirac support. they give me the dirac live (which is for amp that supports dirac....correct my if i am wrong) and other two 

1)diracliveprocessor-0.9.11-aplha-Darwin.pkg.zip

2)diracliveprocessor-0.9.12-aplha-win.zip

which is the differences?! I have macos.

Well i download and install the (1). I make all the process with the mic. I save the filter. After what?!

A guy before days told me that i can load it in the laptop core. So whatever i play....spotify,youtube,roon,audionirvana....it will be affects in sound. I know in roon i can load the filter but.....can somebody load it to the macos core?!?!

thanx a lot

Ps: in the measurment i didn't understand the db on input and output and the volume of amp.

• 3 weeks later...

The one with "Darwin" is the Mac version, the other is for windows.

The rest I can't help you with. I'm using Dirac with the miniDSP SHD, which comes with pretty clear instructions on how to use it and get the filters into it.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:15 PM, Flyman said:

Goodafternoon to all.

Well i send an email to dirac support. they give me the dirac live (which is for amp that supports dirac....correct my if i am wrong) and other two 

1)diracliveprocessor-0.9.11-aplha-Darwin.pkg.zip

2)diracliveprocessor-0.9.12-aplha-win.zip

which is the differences?! I have macos.

Well i download and install the (1). I make all the process with the mic. I save the filter. After what?!

At this point you can load the plugins in a player that supports them, Audirvana or JRiver or a DAW.

You should have received a short document with examples and details.

Anyhow those alpha versions of the DiracLiveProcessor, where the stream should be downsampled to 48 KHz,  should be replaced soon by a full featured beta version.

:)Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

• 6 months later...

Here's another late newcomer to the Dirac integration into the multichannel audio reproduction system. For years, I have been using Jriver MC on a Mac Mini to play back SACD rips and mch downloads (eClassical, etc) via HDMI to the Marantz AV8801 processor. The latter uses the higher-end version of Audyssey for room correction. A few years ago, under the influence of Kal Rubinson's persuasive writing, I had decided to try a dedicated multichannel DAC and Dirac live on Mac Mini for room correction, excluding the Marantz prepro altogether. To this end, I had bought a full mch version of Dirac 1.x and an Exasound e28 DAC. Within the 30 day trial period of the Exasound DAC I could never obtain any sort of satisfactory Dirac room correction doing the multi-point room measurements. Maybe the measuring microphone was a dud (UMIK-1), maybe Dirac software was not configured right, maybe another kind of user error. In Any case, the exasound DAC went back to George in Canada and Dirac software sat unused while I went back to Marantz prepro and Audyssey. 

Recently, I happened to pick up a used exasound e18 DAC, which does multichannel in PCM only. No problem, I thought. Dirac needs to do its room correction in PCM, do the DAC would never see DSD material anyway, as long as I am using room correction upstream of the DAC, as I believe one should. Things got complicated when I tried to see what updates I should apply to my Dirac software. I discovered that Dirac 1.x was ditched for a completely new product, Dirac Live 2.3, and that the latter was only available for some select AV receivers and processors only. Moreover, standalone Dirac 2.x for MacOS could be had for beta-testing by a few chosen technophiles, but it may or may not be multichannel-capable at this time. Is this correct so far?

So, my question is: what is my best approach to using Dirac live, taking mch input from Jriver MC on a MacMini, and outputting the room corrected mch PCM signal via usb to Exasound e18 DAC, which is directly connected to my 5-channel bryston amplifier and a subwoofer in a 5.1 configuration? Should I just go back to Dirac 1.x and try make it work from scratch again, or should I sign up for Dirac 2.x beta testing, or something else?

Thanks for reading and any constructive feedback

2 hours ago, Deribas said:

So, my question is: what is my best approach to using Dirac live, taking mch input from Jriver MC on a MacMini, and outputting the room corrected mch PCM signal via usb to Exasound e18 DAC, which is directly connected to my 5-channel bryston amplifier and a subwoofer in a 5.1 configuration? Should I just go back to Dirac 1.x and try make it work from scratch again, or should I sign up for Dirac 2.x beta testing, or something else?

Considering your history and the present state of DL2, I suggest you try to go back to your Dirac 1.x and try to make it work.   DL2 is still a work-in-progress.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

23 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Considering your history and the present state of DL2, I suggest you try to go back to your Dirac 1.x and try to make it work.   DL2 is still a work-in-progress.

Thanks, Kal. Always appreciate your to-the-point guidance. What is the most trustworthy and up-to-date guide for setting up Dirac 1.x in mch with JRiver (i am on version 25)?

19 hours ago, Deribas said:

Thanks, Kal. Always appreciate your to-the-point guidance. What is the most trustworthy and up-to-date guide for setting up Dirac 1.x in mch with JRiver (i am on version 25)?

@Deribas

as Kal said multichannel isn't ready yet and is a work in progress but if you'll contact us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se we will be pleased to send you a Dirac Live 2.x beta for JRiver 25 together with instructions for manually configuring it for multichannel, that probably isn't the approach that will be used when it will be released but it works:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/37813-new-second-generation-dirac-live/page/20/?tab=comments#comment-1009005

:) Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)