IGNORED

Article: AXPONA 2019 Sights & Sounds Part 1

On 5/1/2019 at 5:06 AM, ted_b said:

Yeah, I sat in that room and had my buddies listen in via my iphone call to them.  They couldn't believe how bad it sounded.    HUH????????

I wasn't even there, but I told a friend anyway, and he agrees with your friends.

I guess we're on to something.

@fas42 You can not make informed observations based on Youtube videos. The playback quality is low and the complex chain of electronics prohibits that you are able to distinguish where certain abberations are coming from.

It is just not possible, no matter how much you would love it to be otherwise. There is a reason why recording studios and the equipment associated with them are somewhat larger than a phone or tablet.

There is also a reason why with concert registrations the microphones are decoupled, and they're not being held by a moving and breathing human being.

You may be happy with listening to a classical recording being made using a phone, but I prefer less after-thoughish approaches.

@The Computer AudiophileThe above implicates that I won't be watching any of the clips, can you also provide screenshots? Much more interested in those.

15 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

It sounds "JUST FINE ";  it doesn't sound like an audio system.  It sounds real, mellifluous, vibrant with notes of lemon in the aftertaste and a nutty entre.

I wasn't there, so I should know!!

I wasn't there either -and- refused to watch the clips, so my judgement is even better:

It has been one of the best performances I have never witnessed. It's only because you lot keep mentioning it was equipment instead of a life performance, because honestly, I can't tell.