IGNORED

Munich 2019 Official Thread

9 hours ago, austinpop said:

Best rooms for me so far:

None I can afford of course! Any great rooms with speakers under 10k€?

- Voxativ with the Voxativ Hagen system, Atrium 4.2 E222

- a little bit more than 10k€ (12.5k€) Manger P2, Atrium 4.2 F211 and at the Lindemann booth H 4 R08/S07

- Elac, A 4.1 F102, A 4.1 F103, A 4.1 F124

- T&A, A 3.1 D102, A 3.1 D103, A 3.1 D105

- Canton, A 3.1 D109, A 3.1 D110

- Boenicke Audio with the W5, Atrium 4.2 F215

8 hours ago, russellbobby said:

Did you happen to see the Lindemann Source? 

Yes, I did. I know capabilities of the Lindemann Musicbook quite well, because a good friend owns the Musicbook 25 DSD and two Musicbook:55 for bi-amping his Piega Coax speakers. My motivation was to listen to the Lindemann source in combination with the Manger P2 speakers. Unfortunately the spacial conditions were suboptimal, a noisy AC on top of the listening booth disturbed frequently any listening efforts and a correct alignment of the speakers was not given. No place in the auditory space was within the sweet spot, what is very important to really enjoy the advantages of the Manger speakers. 

However, the show is over for this year and I'm sure, most attendees enjoyed the unique variety and quality of the presentation. For the overseas audiophiles, I hope that you've also had the chance to experience a little bit one of the most livable cities on this planet beside the show, even if the weather conditions could have been improvable this year.

Welcome back next year!

6 minutes ago, your momo said:

Munich is nice city to stay, a kind of mix of Florence and Berlin ...and the weather was far from great, so I can imagine it's even nicer when warm - hanging out outside with a fresh beer.

In case of doubt, I would prefer Florence. 😉 Munich is the Italian outpost north of the Alps, unfortunately not always climatic.

29 minutes ago, austinpop said:

This was not my first time in München. The last time I was there was a few years ago in June, when I experienced European Delivery at the BMW Welt, followed by a delightful driving tour with my family in our brand new car on the AlpenStraße and into Austria.

On this trip, even though though the High-End show took up a lot of the time, I got to see more of areas like Schwabing, and I agree this is  delightful city to visit. The weather on the whole wasn't as bad as forecast either. Finally, as I like to do wherever I visit, I got to go to 2 classical concerts at the Gasteig Philharmonie, which were fantastic.

As far as audio shows go, I've now gone to RMAF and AXPONA multiple times, while this was my first time at High-End. While acoustics are challenging at all the shows, I found I liked High-End Munich the best. The US shows also tend to skew much more to older male attendees. I liked the energy and diversity of Munich much more.

Ah'll be baaack.

I'm afraid, you have to renounce within the next years to visit a concert at the Gasteig. From 2020 on it will be completely renovated and my experience tells me that time and budget planning is not very reliable for public building projects in Germany. 

During this time, a temporary Philharmonie elsewhere in Munich is scheduled, but nothing is certain right now because the permit procedure is a complete disaster, only comparable to the mess around the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg.