IGNORED

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Two identical files can sound different if played from different media. That’s what I see from Alex’s findings. Other than that, we just tend to agree to disagree. 

That's not what Alex is saying. He endlessly repeats that files with the same checksum or sha1 or whatever, can sound different even when they are played from the same media. Because somehow, it matters how the identical files were derived and he thinks it makes a difference to how they sound.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

10 minutes ago, mansr said:

Seems like even George was hoodwinked.

Pretty much all of that is utter nonsense.

Not sure about that. But I can make a factual correction to something George said - Gordon Rankin didn't design the Ayre QB9, it used his USB firmware but the rest of the design was done in house at Ayre as far as I know.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

this is why scientists do experiments

if you work solely on the basis of "esteem" you will find many many members holding carnival barkers in higher esteem than an expert and believing in what they say

If Gordon Rankin has implemented USB firmware, used it in his own DACs and licensed it to other companies how can he be a 'carnival barker' who is not a USB expert?

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

to be clear, i'm not calling him a  'carnival barker'

read my post again if you think I did

Your comment was in reply to a single sentence from Allan F mentioning Gordon Rankin, I not sure what I need to read again.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

it was a general comment

R. Dale - try a simple textbook first

A textbook about what?