IGNORED

IPhone 6S Plus to a FiiO E7K

Can I play music from my IPhone into a portable amplifier like a FiiO E7K then over my cars stereo system?  I have the following inputs in my car:  AUX, USB, and Bluetooth. I am trying to boost the audio signal of the IPhone which is rather weak and needs boosting when run through my car stereo.  

Or is there something else to accomplish this better? 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, codyred said:

Can I play music from my IPhone into a portable amplifier like a FiiO E7K then over my cars stereo system?  I have the following inputs in my car:  AUX, USB, and Bluetooth. I am trying to boost the audio signal of the IPhone which is rather weak and needs boosting when run through my car stereo.  

Or is there something else to accomplish this better? 

Thank you.

I too have an iPhone 6S. I bought it because I wanted. Phone that still had a headphone jack, and the 6S is the last Apple phone so equipped. You certainly can play music from your iPhone to a portable amplifier like the Fido E7K. Just use a cable to plug into your phone’s headphone jack and then into the input jack of the amp. I use mine with the IFI xCAN. But, you don’t need to buy an outboard amplifier to connect your iPhone 6S to your car stereo. The amplifier in your car stereo is all the extra amplification you need. All you need to do is to “pair” your phone with your car stereo using Bluetooth and you won’t require a physical connection between them. The phone will play through your car stereo wirelessly for music as well as hands-free cell phone calls. Conversely, you can use a cable with a 3.5mm headphone plug on one end and whatever connector is the AUX input on your car stereo (usually, also a 3.5mm stereo plug - just like the plug that fits the headphone jack on the phone) and then switch your car stereo to AUX to listen to the phone. I pair my iPhone with my xCAN amp via Bluetooth and it works perfectly.

George

Thanks gmgraves. When I listen to my IPhone over my car's stereo system whether bluetooth, AUX or USB, music will not play as loudly as I want it to.  I can almost turn my car stereo's volume to maximum when listening to music.  I understand about how to connect my IPhone to the car.  The problem is that the car stereo amplifier and phone combined do not have enough gain (volume), so I want to try and boost the gain of the signal from the IPhone with an outboard amplifier.  I was wondering about whether the FIIO E7k could be used to boost the volume  from my IPhone coming out of my car speaker system. 

8 hours ago, codyred said:

Thanks gmgraves. When I listen to my IPhone over my car's stereo system whether bluetooth, AUX or USB, music will not play as loudly as I want it to.  I can almost turn my car stereo's volume to maximum when listening to music.  I understand about how to connect my IPhone to the car.  The problem is that the car stereo amplifier and phone combined do not have enough gain (volume), so I want to try and boost the gain of the signal from the IPhone with an outboard amplifier.  I was wondering about whether the FIIO E7k could be used to boost the volume  from my IPhone coming out of my car speaker system. 

The only way to know that is to get one and try it. You have turned the volume on the  iPhone all the way up, have you not?

George

Back in the pre-Lightning days, I always ran my iPod's headphone output to the AUX in on my car stereo.  The day I purchased a small "Line Out Device" to plug into that 30 pin connector and actual got a real "line level" into that AUX jack, it was nothing short of a revelation.

A typical "line in" input impedance is 10k ohms or better.  No way you can effectively drive that with a headphone jack, even with the volume cranked all the way.  If you want to properly drive a "line level" input with a Lightning device, look at something like the Fiio Q5.