IGNORED

Computeraudiophile name change

2 hours ago, esldude said:

I hate the name too.  Thought I might get used to it.  So far I haven't.  So whatever the reasons I'd vote to change it back.  

Words are weird.  I happen to have a mag wheel.  Why are custom car wheels called mag wheels?  Because all the early ones were made with magnesium.  So rather than say magnesium wheels it got shortened to mag wheels.  People forgot or never knew why.  So then you have aluminum alloy mag wheels.  :)

My mag wheel is actually magnesium however.  

I just hate the style thing.  Stylish.  I'd have preferred modern audiophile, or modern sounds or digital audiophiles or most things other than xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-style.  Widgets for digits.  Music things.  Networked sound.  Bits of sound.  Sound bits.  Maybe I'd balk at Kibbles and bits with style. Streams of sound.  Sounds of the aethernet.  Musical appliances for audiophiles.  Master Quality Audio-style.  

So agree, and the name change puts my ball cap out of date too! :)

But it is true that the system covers far more ground than just computer audiophila. 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, esldude said:

superphonicaed.gif.62ce1370bef194342acd9b2e98b3de14.gif

Maybe this is better something like a gold color.   Either that or why not have it flash rapidly between this and red.  That way it would be even more noticeable as an eyesore. 

Of course when it was CA having the unfilled CA was a nice touch at the end.  So maybe it needs a name change too.  

Superphonistyle

Really cold dude- like liquid hydrogen cold.... 

:)

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein