IGNORED

Merging Anubis

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

Maybe in some scope for testing HQPlayer Pro recording features... So far I've been testing DSD256 recording with RME ADI-2 Pro...

Since HQ Player 4 Pro supports level changing and channel mixing in the DSD domain up to DSD512, having a Merging Anubis on hand would be a great way to make sure HQP 4 Pro's recording and mixing features work with the Anubis as well as the Hapi and Horus.  A win/win for HQ Player, Merging and their pro recording product owners I'd think.  :)

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Yes, first I want to get Hapi verified on all three OS platforms. And then look for doing the same with Anubis. Just a bit short of hands here with all the things! Three OS, and now both input and output, in both PCM and DSD to verify is making twice as complex than just player side!

I can imagine.  Hapi and Horus is a good place to start, especially when taking into account the availability date of the Anubis isn't until May.  Gives you a few months to get the others tested and certified! :)

1 hour ago, matthias said:

Maybe the interface (Ravenna, USB) is more important than we think.

In the pro market, it certainly is.  Using Ravenna for Audio over IP (AoIP), you can use long cable runs during recording sessions and network the devices used in the session.  A big win in that market - which is the main focus of the Merging+Anubis product line.

Anubis-Control-Room-or-on-Location-monitoring_WEB.thumb.png.f21c924c45c3186af67d4326dc6bf7d1.png

https://www.merging.com/products/interfaces/merging+anubis/monitor

16 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

So now we need a RAAT to AES67 converter 😀

(If one would like to use Roon and the Anubis as endpoint)

Or you could use the Anibus today with JRiver, HQ Player or other non-RAAT music products.

Assuming you can find an Anibus for purchase.  (Earlier message in this thread says they are already sold out in Europe). 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

Good for them!

But not for the people who want to use it with Linux and ask for support :(

As a satisfied NADAC owner, Ricardo and the team at Merging have always been great with their tech support.

I'm sure that will continue with the Anubis.

• 3 weeks later...