IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi Everyone! 

Rats!  It appears that I could use your help getting my Euphony installation up and running. Here's the story.

The NUC is a NUC6i3syh.  It has no drives, other than the Euphony USB boot stick.  I freshly formatted the USB boot stick and used the Euphony Trial download utility to populate the USB boot drive.  On the NUC, I pressed F2 to  select a legacy BIOS boot and selected USB as the highest priority boot device. 

When the NUC boots I can get to the Euphony configuration screen, on another computer's browser. It all looks and acts fine there. I told Euphony to set itself up as a Roon Endpoint.  It says it is Active. When I press Start (at the top) it tells me that Euphony should now be visible to Roon as a viable endpoint....  but it isn't.

I notice that when the NUC boots, it has one Red [FAILED] line at the top of the boot list.  The error says: "Failed to start Load Kernel Modules."  I'm guessing that's not right and that it could be the cause of my problems.   All of the other lines in the boot text have a pretty green [OK]. 

Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Euphony_Error.jpg

5 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Ignore this problem. It's happening in AL as well. Must be a bug distributed with the latest Archlinux updates. It seems to have no consequences.

Thanks very much for that very helpfull information... Yet that leaves me with wondering why my Euphony installation fails to appear within my Roon core?  My other endpoints are still working fine. 

I don't really recall noticing the big EUPHONY text made-up of the underscore and vertical line characters and saying it is up and ready ...  but I do remember seeing the IP address and URL for logging into it... and the text stating, "There's nothing else to do on this screen."   Thanks!

2 hours ago, mriguy said:

I don't really recall noticing the big EUPHONY text made-up of the underscore and vertical line characters and saying it is up and ready ...  but I do remember seeing the IP address and URL for logging into it... and the text stating, "There's nothing else to do on this screen."   Thanks!

Hi - My Euphony is now working with Roon. This is rather embarrassing, but my problem was caused by my not plugging in my DAC to the NUC. With no DAC seen, Roon hid the endpoint. I guess I was so used to using my Allo Digi-One... which totally hides the DAC from Roon due to the SPDIF connection, rather than USB. Sorry to bother everyone... but thanks to those who tried to help!

• 1 month later...

News of "Stylus(EP)" is indeed an incredible development! I tried the trial of Euphony a while back. I ultimately ending-up running it in Stand-Alone Mode on a NUC.  Stand-Alone Mode sounded even better than Distributed-Mode with a Euphony/NUC endpoint running a standard Roon Core on a stock MacMini, with plain-jane networking. I happily purchased Euphony, as once I heard it, I couldn't go back. Then I tried Euphony's "Stylus Player Mode" and that was even better still, but I was conflicted with giving-up the joys of Roon. So, the development of Stylus(EP) is the answer to a prayer. I can't wait for the new release! Lastly, Željko consistently provides patient, top-notch, very fast response to issues/questions! He's as awesome as Euphony!

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, bos3812 said:

I've a question for those who run Euphony in combination with Roon and Tidal. Has any of you playing music with one of the Roon possibilities (core, hqplayer, StylusEP, squeezelite) and got the error "this track is not currently available in Tidal"? This error is a very common topic on the Roon forums and a problem which is never fixed. I've approached Roon support but they point to Euphony or my network as cause of the error. I tried a lot to get rid of this problem but to no succes. Maybe someone has experience with this problem and can help me. I get this error 10 to 20 times a day when I want to play a song or album. When I play a whole album Roon skips the first song and play's the second song. A second or third attempt is mostly succesfull. It is an annoying error and the only way to play music without this error is play music with Stylus alone.

Exactly the same here.  It will put up the unavailale message in orange letters, then withdraw it, even as the song loads and plays just fine. It does it on auto-advancements to the next song in Radio, or when the right-triangle is pressed to go to the next song. If you press the right-triangle again and again, it does not put up the message. I asked Zelco about it, and he said its a Roon issue. Rebooting and such does not help at all.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bos3812 said:

Hi all,

the problem seemes solved. After all it was a network problem. A few days ago my ISP installed a fix on my modem probably due to more complaints from other customers. That worked. From that moment not one single error did appear. It remains strange that playing music with Stylus and Tidal was flawless but playing music from Tidal with Roon caused a lot of errors. I guess I will never know. I am glad it is solved (hopefully). 

Very interesting... was this with AT&T by chance?

Thx!